Chapter Twenty Seven: Not Palatable for True Love

Thank you Idaho2039 for the beautiful cover :D Love it!

Song: Dedicated to the One I Love

Artist: The Mama's and the Papa's

Not Palatable for True Love

Lana

Dedicated To The One I Love by The Mamas & The Papas played throughout the Diner as we walked in and looked for a booth. I looked over my shoulder at Aidan who frowned deeply as the chorus began. Jennifer spotted a booth, and everyone walked on, but I waited for him. He dragged his feet against the glossy tiles and could've wiped the floor clean with his lip jutted out so much.

"How long has it been?" he asked as we walked together behind everyone. I glanced at the clock on the wall and realized it's only been under an hour since Tiffany left. I motioned to the clock with my left crutch, and he sighed, "Too long."

"I noticed you and Tiffany didn't get all emotional on the airport," I said as Aidan and myself were the last ones to slide into the booth. I sat on one side with Miranda and Jennifer while he sat opposite us with Carter and Ethan. Blake pulled up a chair from another table and sat on the end.

"Yeah, we sorta' promised each other not to cry but on the way here, I called her before her plane took off and I could tell she was crying." He mumbled then hid his face behind the menu.

"Must've been hard for you since you're such a crybaby," Blake spoke up, and Aidan immediately straightened and smacked his cousin with the menu. I smiled at that because I knew Blake attempted to cheer up Aidan.

"Yo, Aidan we going triple on the fries or what?" Carter bumped shoulders with Aidan, and my eyes flickered to Blake who smiled at the blonde.

"Why get so many fries when we can get onion rings too?" Jennifer asked, and I zoned out on the menu when each end of the table rioted about fries and or onion rings. Carter and Jennifer seemed the most committed to what they wanted as Aidan laughed. We might've cheered him up now, but he'd always miss Tiffany, it was odd to see them apart. He's loud and energetic while she hid behind her red hair and rosy cheeks.

The waitress came and took our orders, and we requested our beverages to arrive first. While everyone either, conversed or sat on their phones our drinks arrived, and I instantly took my bubblegum milkshake with whipped cream and sprinkles. I glanced around at my friends who all seemed consumed by their phones. Everyone except Blake Gunner who sipped on his coke.

"Hey, you didn't tell me when you're going to Minnesota with your family," I spoke up because that was the only topic I could think about.

"Err...yeah we're actually leaving tomorrow." He mumbled to which my eyes widened as I stared at his calm expression.

"What? And you only tell me the day before." I groaned and jokingly poked his shoulder. Blake turned to me with his brow raised and gave me a once-over.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I thought you knew because my mom spoke to your parents."

"Why would she do that?"

"We want you to come with to Minnesota..."

"They didn't tell me..."

"Well, do you want to?"

"I-I don't know, if I still can, I guess? I don't know Blake, maybe my parents didn't mention it before beca-"

"I want you there Lana, plus it'll do yo-us good to get away from this place for a while." He fully turned his body to me and cautiously rested his hand over mine. I used the other to fiddle with my straw before I drank.