Chapter Eight: Menacing Gestures

Thank you G_Evie_Sanchez246 for the amazing cover!

Song: Prey

Artist: The Neighbourhood

Menacing Gestures

I never thought I'd stand in Lana Willson's room and await her arrival so soon. Her room always seemed clustered with things, but it felt empty without her. Some of us went to her house rather than the hospital because it's much easier.

Keene, Levi, Mr. Bronx and I waited while her parents got her from the hospital. I glanced out her window where I already saw a security guard, dressed in black from head to toe and didn't look like the friendliest person in the world, in a way, it was good so that they were more robust.

Mr. Bronx and Keene tidied up while Levi sat at her desk and observed her yearbook. It didn't make sense as to how Marcus and Parker managed to sign her yearbook. When Lana saw that, she didn't speak the rest of the time we were there, and I didn't blame her. None of us would've forgotten what Parker or Marcus had done.

"Didn't Liam have anything to say about this?" Levi asked as I stood behind him and stared at their initials.

"He didn't see it at first because so many people wrote stuff," I said and thought what could've happened that day. Liam mentioned Erwin so he must've known something too.

"What does Marcus mean though? And Parker...the bastard." Levi muttered as he tossed the book on the bed then propped his legs up on the desk.

"I don't know but it doesn't look good, I mean the way Lana acted the other day when she said men were in her room," I mumbled then looked out the window. "Maybe she needs more security."

"Whatever it means, we have to find out. Lana won't be able to do much so we should be there for her and just assure her that everything's gonna' be okay." He said. I nodded in agreement then sat on the edge of her bed.

Silence only surrounded us for a few seconds until we heard a car. Levi and I turned our heads in unison to the window where we listened to the slams of car doors followed by voices. I turned to her room door where Keene and Mr. Bronx walked past. Levi rose to his feet and approached the door.

"You coming?" he asked to which I gave a slow nod. Levi raised his brow at me yet continued to walk. Once he was out of the room, I searched my pockets for it. The security guard examined each of us by the front door, and we had to empty out pockets, so I quickly shoved everything back in.

I took Lana's chain that I got her which was my dad's when he got it, out of my back pocket. I recalled the day Lana shoved it into my chest and said she hated me. That day all hope was lost, and I never thought that I'd put her chain on her bedside table where it waited for her.

It still looked the same with our initials engraved on it and Minnesota behind. I placed it next to her new glasses since her previous pair destroyed in the fire. I wondered if she'd wear them now or remain plain because she didn't have to wear them since she'd barely leave the house.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard voices from downstairs. I let out a sigh and stood up then walked out of Lana's room. When I walked downstairs, I noticed the front door was wide open. Keene and Mr. Bronx set up a ramp earlier so that it'd be more comfortable for Lana to get in and out of the house. I didn't know about the stairs in the house though. Apparently, Lana didn't want anything because she hoped to walk very soon.

"How were things at the hospital?" I asked Miranda as we watched Lana. Benny pushed her in the wheelchair while Levi and Keene grabbed her belongings.