Chapter Forty Eight: A Perilous Game

Song: For Reasons Unknown

Artist: The Killers

A Perilous Game

Blake

Back at the airport for Christmas break, I had Ursula in my arms. Her maroon beanie grazed my cheek every time her hold on me tightened. Dmitri and Vera watched us. Dmitri pouted and batted his lashes while Vera raised her phone and awed.

"You could come with you know?" I mumbled into her shoulder. Ursula sighed and pulled away. Her brown eyes softened up at me.

"I know but have this holiday with your family. Also, to get along with your mom's boyfriend." She winked, and I rolled my eyes. "One partner at a time for the Gunners."

We weren't official yet

We weren't official yet. Well, the topic hasn't come up, but we kissed, went on dates, made out and slept in the same bed like we've been dating for months. People who saw us together, automatically assumed we were dating, and we did too. 

Ursula brought it up once, and I told her in the new year. Only reason I said that was because of Lana. I don't know how I'd react when I see her. If she was there on Thanksgiving and we set our minds straight, then I'd tell Ursula but I first needed to see Lana. Uncle Sterling's conversation that day clouded my thoughts the entire flight.

When I arrived, it didn't surprise me to see Axel and Aidan. Apparently, Momma wanted us all to have dinner together. Griffon was there when we arrived. It still felt odd to come home to your high school teacher in your living room with his arms around your mother.

 My arms tightened around Momma with my chin on her shoulder. I missed her even though Thanksgiving wasn't too long ago. We left on rough terms and I planned to make it right. Well, at least put in some effort because on the way home Axel reminded how happy Momma was lately. If the man beside her made her feel that way, then I should be happy for her.

"What do I call you?" I asked Griffon once Momma, and I pulled away. Her eyes widened, probably surprised I spoke to him because he is the icebreaker.

"Err... whatever's comfortable for you." He shrugged with a sideway glance at my mother.

Axel appeared in the room with my bags and said, "I call him G-dog."

"