Chapter Thirty Eight: Our Clandestine Activity

Song: What You Know

Artist: Two Door Cinema Club

Our Clandestine Activity

Lana

A sharp pain erupted in my head as soon as I woke up. Maybe I pushed myself out of bed too fast but then I remembered last night. I came face to face with my roommate as she sat crossed legged on her made up bed and meditated. I must've been asleep a long time because she usually did that around noon. I let out a groan as I swung myself over the bed and pulled the duvet off me. When I looked down, I noticed I still had on last night's clothing.

"Finally, you're awake." She said as I stared at my outfit and tried to remember what really did happen last night. Carter and Chad picked me up, we went to the party, Chad left us, Carter went to go get us drinks, and that's when those two people entered my mind.

"What happened?" my voice was raspy as I pushed myself off the bed and went straight for the bathroom. I rinsed my mouth repeatedly and let out a few coughs.

"I don't know, it was almost three in the morning when I heard knocking at the door. Your blond friend dropped you off, you were asleep, so he just took your shoes off and tucked you into bed."

I straightened my posture and looked at her through the mirror as she leaned against the doorframe. Her lips were pursed with her arms folded like she wasn't impressed. I rolled my eyes and was about to say, at least it wasn't just any guy, and we didn't make out in her presence when I turned to see myself. 

A gasp escaped from my lips while she snickered. I ran back into the room to get my glasses and pushed past her so that I was in front of the mirror again. Right under chin laid a red purplish hickey. I slowly ran my fingers over it and bit the inside of my cheek because of how delicate it felt.

"Wow, wonder how you got that." She sarcastically spoke, and I ignored her the rest of the time as I grab a fresh set of clothes and showered. If Carter brought me back to my dorm room, he had to know what happened. I left a few messages before I showered but he hadn't answered by the time I was out.

I stomped down the stairs of our dorm in a pair of Doc Martens and woolen collar jacket to draw the attention away from the hickey even though I covered it with makeup. Whenever I passed people, they'd greet me, more than often and some that I didn't even know. It had to be last night. After those assholes questioned me to oblivion and brought back those awful memories, I wanted to drown them with alcohol. I succeeded but didn't know to what extent. I pushed up my glasses and stood confidently in front of room seventeen. My knuckles knocked against the door rigidly which attracted some looks. I smiled at the couple that walked by and turned back when I heard the door open.

Chad stood in a wife beater and jeans, his skin glowed effortlessly, and I would've been distracted if it weren't for those blond locks that passed behind that caught my attention. Chad tossed a small towel over his shoulder which made me turn back to him when he smiled. "Hey, Lana...aww, no lunch today?"

"It's Saturday." I forced a smile, and he chuckled and stepped aside to let me in. I marched in and charged for Carter Halls who stared at his laptop screen. He knew I was here because the screen was dark so I saw his reflection through it where he actually stared at me.

"Okay, I'll let you pass since last night was wild," Chad said, and I whipped my head to him before I spoke to Carter. The broad-shouldered Hockey player looked at me from the corner of his eye and grinned. "You were trashed Willson, some people said they missed you at the beer pong table."

"What happened?" I demanded and looked at Carter who kept his back toward me. He hadn't said a word since I stepped into the room. I turned to Chad who stood by the closet and let out a shrug.