Chapter Six: Acrimonious Discussions

Thank you @BlackStar22A for the beautiful cover! 

Song: Breathe me

Artist: Sia

Acrimonious Discussions

With the bits of information Lana told us, Levi immediately called in Sheriff Willson. They were at the hospital within minutes but apparently, reports followed them, so we're stuck at the hospital for a while.

For once I didn't sit in the comfortable, torn, little seat in the hallway but instead stood. I leaned against the wall and watched as the security escorted one of the reports out. Sheriff Willson rubbed his temples in frustration as he spoke to his wife. They stood at the end of the hallway, far from Lana's room. It seemed to be that they disagreed since Mrs. Willson folded her arms.

"She fell asleep," Axel announced and I turned my head to see that he walked out of Lana's room. I glanced over his shoulder where I saw Lana in the same position she'd been in for the past few days.

 I glanced over his shoulder where I saw Lana in the same position she'd been in for the past few days

"Who knew she'd end up in the hospital...just like that," Keene mumbled as he snapped his fingers.

"It could've been prevented if we just picked up the damn plank." Levi hissed and shook his head. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the cold wall because she'd be able to walk if I found her sooner.

"Don't blame yourselves," Axel spoke up and I opened my eyes to see his eyes locked on me. "It's temporary, and you saw her in there...she doesn't blame either of you, she was rather calm."

"Yeah, but she could've just told me in the car that she received a text from James," Levi grumbled as he shifted in his chair. "Why would she put her life at risk like that?"

"Well...if you haven't noticed jackass, she cares about you." Keene turned to him with his eyes narrowed. "She'd do anything for you; she'd never truly hate you Levi, no matter how many times she said it."

I watched as Levi turned to Keene with a panicked look. He didn't want to face the fact that it was true, everyone knew Levi and Lana. No matter what happened, they always found a way back to each other.

I remained quiet and turned away when I noticed Levi's eyes on me. I clenched my fists and glanced down to my white knuckles. As I let out a deep sigh, it's as if my mouth craved for a cigarette. I turned to the doubles doors where security stood, and it didn't look like we'd get out anytime soon. Even if we did, the reports would've noticed us.

"Hey, isn't that Miranda's ex?" Axel broke the silence, and I followed him to the television on the wall. Like last week, they reported the missing people except for this time the headline went further as they explained more information on Marcus Sanders.

We had to tell Sheriff Willson that we last saw him near Miranda's house. When he went there, earlier this morning, no one was home. Marcus could've been anywhere in Illinois as well as James. The facts remained the same as he was last seen with one of James men, Mike Foster. It occurred to me that Mike was the only one left unless Marcus had been with them all along.