Chapter Forty Seven: Levi Likes to Vaunt in the Strangest Ways

Song: Eastside

Artist: Benny Blanco feat. Khalid & Halsey

Levi Likes to Vaunt in the Strangest Ways

Lana

Who knew it would be such a mission, just to return an expensively branded coat? We had to park near the bushes because the party almost finished. I couldn't go in because they'd remember my face. I gave Levi my invitation then switched to the driver's side in case we got caught. Thankfully, we didn't, and Levi returned it to the coatroom in one peace.

When I woke the next morning, I got a strange feeling I hadn't in a long time. A set of eyes on me that weren't Levi's since he snored beside me. As I turned from the wall, my body leaped forward at the sight of my roommate. She towered over the bed with a blank look.

"What the hell?" I hissed and rubbed my eyes then peered up at her to make sure she was there. She was and somewhat stared at Levi than me. I glanced down at him too. His bare chest in the wintry night curled into the duvet while his arms spread over the pillow. Levi murmured and finally blinked to meet my gaze.

"Morning." He grumbled but turned his head when he noticed someone else in the room. Instead of a glare, he showed her last night, Levi smiled and raised his hand, "I believe we haven't met... Levi Radcliff."

"Nice to meet you." She eyed him, and I rolled my eyes when she ignored his hospitality and didn't give her name. Her gaze shifted from the two of us and down to our bodies. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Yes."

"Not at all." Levi pushed himself up and grinned.

"Lana, can I talk to you?" she asked then glanced at Levi before she added, "Outside please."

She didn't wait for an answer when she spun around and strolled toward the door. I didn't move, only when Levi nudged me and gestured me to follow her. With a groan, I stumbled out of bed in my pajamas and swiftly put on my slippers before I met her in the hallway. No one lurked the corridor, so I wondered what time it was. 

Only when we stood opposite each other, did I take in her attire. She wore a reasonably long camel teddy coat with a white top and pink pants along with white Adidas sneakers. I had to resist the urge to touch the coat because it looked like it came from an actual lamb. Her hair was up in a tight bun that sat at the top of her head, but she was still warm with the earmuffs around her head.

"Who's the guy?" she asked.

"He's a friend. I've known him since forever." I lazily replied then raised a brow at her. "Why? Did you think we were hooking up? He was just sleeping in my bed because he's afraid he might get your posh sheets crumbled."

"No, no, no," she mumbled then lowered her gaze. "Sorry for asking. I didn't mean it like that."

I folded my arms and struggled to look upset, but I'd laugh at myself if I saw my pajamas. My hair wasn't even brushed, and I possibly smelled weird. She slid her hands in the coat pockets and wearily raised her head.

"I wanted to come over and say I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you ever since you got here. I didn't mean to. I was just scared because I read up about what you went through and that people around you got hurt too." She mumbled, and the tension subsided from my arms when I realized what's coming. "I thought by being distant and keeping away that whoever is after you—won't come after me if anything happened.

"I know it's foolish of me, but I realized you should know. I don't hate you, Lana. I would've loved to be your friend but just not under these circumstances."