Chapter Twenty Six: The Delirium of Pain

READ UNTIL THE END TO CHECK OUT CAUGHT BY THE BAD BOYS MERCHANDISE :)

Song: Hold On

Artist: Overstreet

The Delirium of Pain

Lana

As the days past of summer break, I got out more and socialized. I tried not to think about Benny, but it didn't help when we'd all meet up, and he wouldn't show. It gave off the impression that he wanted to avoid me. When I asked Liam or Nick, they'd say he's busy. However, I could tell from Liam, that wasn't the reason why he didn't make an appearance.

It was Saturday, and I decided to spend the day with Keene and Levi since they didn't have work. It's been a while since it was just the three of us. They picked me up in the morning, and we decided to do a few things off the bucket list. The things we chose to do were stuff I did, but Levi didn't and vice versa. Keene got lucky a few times when he got a first-time experience on a few things. We also visited Uncle Griff to see how he was doing and he seemed cheerful as ever especially since we had matching crutches. The doctor told him to rest, but we knew that wasn't possible with him, so his family decided to stay for a while.

 Afterward, we got takeout then went back to their apartment. Levi and I hung out in his room while Keene stayed in the kitchen. No surprise that he was a better cook than Levi, so he often took control. I laid on Levi's bed and rested my back against the headboard while he sat opposite me and strummed his guitar. He attempted to teach me, but I eventually gave up and scrolled through my phone. There wasn't a need to always speak to fill the silence. There were low sounds that came from the guitar when he ran his finger down the chords. Clusters and what sounded to be dishes hitting together could be heard from the kitchen. We chilled out and just enjoyed each other's presence.

That sense of calmness didn't last long though as I scrolled through my Instagram feed and saw Carter posted a photo of him at Jaden's party. I didn't mind the picture itself where he stood with Ethan beside him. They grinned at the camera with solo cups in their hands and numerous people behind them. What made me anxious was that I remembered when Levi told me that Benny was at Jaden's party a few days after we broke up. I liked the picture anyway and glanced up at Levi who seemed to be in the zone as he tried to play something. I didn't want to disturb him, but it sat at the edge of my tongue and just waited for my mouth to open. He began to bob his head as he got a rhythm which made his slick black hair fall onto his forehead. The corners of my mouth turned up as I watched him rock out. When he'd move his arm, it'd flex, and the tattoos on his bicep emerged. His hair moved back forth with every bob until he raised his head and smirked at me.

"You like it?" he asked then continued as we locked eyes. I sheepishly looked away and nodded. Obviously, Levi Radcliff caught on quickly and stopped. I quickly glanced at him to see that he hadn't taken his eyes off me. "What's wrong princess?"

"Nothing err-I just wanted to know if Jaden had a party last night?" that was the right question to ask first then I'd build my way up to the answer I wanted.

"Yeah, but Keene and I were too tired to go especially since he made dinner," Levi added with a moan. "His pasta dishes are f*cking amazing."

I forced a smile at that, but Levi knew me too well to know when something was off, so there was no use to try and hide it. I bit the inside of my cheek and began to play with my fingers but froze when I remembered the ring Benny gave me wasn't on my finger anymore.

"Did err...the one that you went to and saw Benny, did he seem like he was enjoying it?" I mumbled and watched as he put down his guitar and crawled next to me.