Chapter Twenty Five: A Mundane Morning

Song: Lost Without You

Artist: Freya Ridings

A Mundane Morning

Lana

I lost count of how many days I've been in bed, soaked up in my own tears. The only time I got out was if I urgently needed the bathroom. Of course, I told my parents what happened between Benny and I because they got annoyed when I didn't show up at the dinner table the first few times. Mom sometimes provided food, mainly dinner but I didn't mind, I wasn't that hungry anyway. Dad, however, didn't have so much of a reaction I just took it as a regular dad move.

My phone went off more than usual because everyone wanted to hang out but I wasn't up for it. The girls went shopping the past weekend for college supplies, but I declined. Jaden even invited me to his party to get laid, and I told him that wasn't the way I wanted to go. Liam and Nick have been quieter than usual, whenever I asked about Benny they'd give vague information. I knew this breakup would impact everyone in the group. I still wanted to be friends with all of them.

The flash of my phone that almost blinded me snapped me out of my gaze at the ceiling. I turned to my bedside table and took my new iPhone, hopefully, the only one I'd have until the new one came out. I groaned when I saw countless messages from the girls, demanding where I was because of something they had planned today. The last message, however, made me blink in surprise because they were here.

"Lana!" Tiffany called, but I had no idea where. My parents were at work, so I was home alone, as the previous days, so the house was often quiet. I sat up in my bed and looked at my closed door. It couldn't have come from there because the front door was locked.

"Y-Yeah?" I let out a shaky voice and pulled the comforter closer to me because this was the first time, in broad daylight something might happen. The first few nights after the kidnap I got nightmares, how tied up I was in the dark. It was a regular thing now to have my curtains slightly open to let the sun's ray illuminate my room or have on the nightlight.

"We're out here. Toss us the keys, so you don't have to get out of bed." Tiffany spoke, and I turned to the window. I grabbed the keys from my bedside table and used almost all my energy I've saved within the past few days and threw the keys out the window.

"AAAH!"

"Sorry!" I apologized and listened to the creative cuss words that Melissa Singe muttered. There was only less than a minute to at least make myself look presentable. I wouldn't get out of bed because that took too much effort with the crutches. My hair stayed hidden under a woolen beanie with my glasses over it. I reached over and checked my drawers for any mints or gum to freshen my breath. However, I found a box of matches. I really could've gone for a cigarette.

"Ew, what the f*ck?" Miranda demanded as I heard my door open. She stepped inside with her nose scrunched up while Melissa and Tiffany trailed behind.

"Why does it smell like onions in here?" Melissa asked as she scanned the room I hadn't left. She walked to the edge of my bed and used the tip of her index finger and thumb to remove a tissue before she sat.

"Sorry, if I'd know I'd been getting guests, I would've cleaned up around here."

"Around here? No, you need cleaning up yourself." Miranda insisted and walked over then pulled the comforter away from me. I whined as she pulled it all the way back to where Melissa sat then snatched my glasses and beanie. My hair fell in my face, and when I brushed it again with my fingers, I felt how tangled they were.

"Lana, you look horrible." Tiffany frowned from my desk chair.

"Thanks captain obvious, I hadn't noticed," I mumbled and turned over to look at the wall, so my back faced them.