Chapter 2

"Time to get up.. Zurie. Zurie!" Polly went to Zurie's bed to find it empty, "morning Polly." "You're already up?" "Yeah. I'm an early riser." "Oh. Well I guess your ready for class too.?" "Yeah." "I'll be ready just give me like 10-15 minutes." Zurie only nodded. They were both thankful that they didn't see Debbie and her angry like expression. "It's sad you're only in two of my classes I could have had a friend guide." "Yeah. Don't worry you'll get a hang of it real fast." "I know." "Here." "Uh?" "It's a map of the school, each building has it's own thing. For example this building is math and science classes once you find the room number it's the same with the others." "I see, it does seem simple." "Told ya, you'll get the hang of-" "Real fast." "Yeah."

By lunch time Zurie was happy to see both Polly and Steven. "Over here." "So how was your second class without me?" "I guess it was alright." "Look it's Ray! I guess he wasn't joking yesterday, he's either looking for you or a seat." "Ray over here!" "Hey. It's Zurie right?" "Yeah." "So how's your first day so far?" "How did you know it was her first day?" Said Steven. "Well she said she was new in town and I never seen her on campus until yesterday." "I see." "It's fine so far." "What class do you have next?" "English literature and then gym. Hey are you going back to the hospital today?" "I have English next too. Do you have Mr. Young?" "Yeah I do." "Cool, we're in the next class together." "What about the hospital volunteer?" "Sorry, but I can't. I'm meeting up with a relative." "What about you Steven?" "I would, but can't meeting with my partner for a project it's for our theatre class; sorry." "It's fine, maybe next time." "Why don't you stay if you're worried to go alone?" "I'm not worried. I just think it might be nice to be together, chat, and get to know each other more." "Oh.. If I wasn't scared of blood or needles I would be going." "I know, but we're also room buddies so we can talk all we want." "True. We better get our stuff and head to our next class(es)." "See ya later maybe." "Bye." "If I don't see you later I'll see you tomorrow." "Yeah; have fun volunteering." "Will do; bye." Steven by then was waving when Zurie said 'bye.'

"What are you doing here?" "Came to remind you that you got be back before seven." "I know, see ya later." With that Zurie left for her volunteer work at the hospital and polly left and planned to stay at the library to read. At the hospital the kids was so happy to see Zurie. "You came!" Said one kid. "I said I would try to come see and play with you all, but I can only stay for a couple hours. So let's make the most of it." 'okay,' 'alright,' and 'fine' was said with sad looks. "Don't be sad, if everyday is like today I'll be here everyday. Are we wasting time sitting down? Let's go play." With that said everyone had fun for hours until Zurie had to leave.