Chapter 10

In about a week and a half Zurie learned all the low level magic. Zurie was also tested, like a school quiz, but no paper and wasn't timed. "Zurie before you go let me say you can visit any time." "I know, I haven't made a decision yet." "That is true." "Bye grandma." Mildred only smiled and nodded.

"Zurie what are you doing today?" "Well I missed church and my jog so I'll be volunteering at the hospital." "I should of guessed." "You?" "Nothing." "I thought you'd volunteering too?" "No not today, I'm meeting Bruce. Have fun, but remember to get back to campus before seven." "See ya later." Ray left and Mrs. Collins came, "Miss. Walker-" "You can call me Zurie." "Zurie.. You can leave your stuff here and pick it up when your done your volunteer or leave it at the front desk and pick it up on your way out." "Can I really do that? I mean won't they wonder?" "I'll call the front desk to let them know." "If you're sure it's ok. Thank you Mrs. Collins." "Anytime you volunteer and want leave something at the front desk you can do so... You're welcome, now go I'm sure you are excited to volunteer again." "Thanks." Zurie grabbed her book bag, travel bag, and went straight to the front desk. "Zurie right?" "Yes." "Mrs. Collins already informed us. Your stuff will be safe." Zurie then handed Cathy her stuff. Cathy then placed it all underneath the desk. "Thank you Cathy. I better go before time goes by." "Yes go."

Explaining to few of the kids she recognized they all played, chatted, and such until zurie had to leave. Cathy handed Zurie her bag, " thanks Cathy. See you tomorrow maybe." "I'll be here when you arrive, but not later when you leave." "I see." "Yeah. Be safe on your way back to the college and say hello to Bruce and Ray." "Will do."

Zurie thought she would be very hyper to the point of jumping out of her skin when she got back to the college, but wasn't. Especially since Debbie and her friend Anna came up to her, "you're back?. I thought you dropped out." "No, I will never drop out because of someone." Debbie and Anna started walking away when Zurie said "Debbie lets talk, I got something to tell you.. Anna it won't take long." "Whatever, have fun Deb." Anna then left leaving Zurie and Debbie. "You must of loved getting soaked that you want go a second round." Laughing a bit, but stopped when Zurrie giggled. "As if. KolunDebfa!" "Aw are you going to be a baby now?" "No, that was a spell I casted upon you." "Rrright." "If you don't believe me you can wait till tomorrow or when you go back to your room.. Goodbye." "Whatever."

Some time later that day Debbie came knocking on Polly's and Zurie's door. "Is uh, I forgot her name. I think it was Zurie?" "Yeah. What about her?" "Is she here? I need her help." "Sorry, but are you new here?" "Do you know where she's at?!" "Zurie is at Mr. Young's room, she doesn't quite get something." "Okay, uh thanks." Polly closed the door and Debbie went to Mr. Young's room. "Hello.. Zurie, what did you do to me?" The door opened again it was Ray, do you know where Mr. Young is?" "No. Debbie lets go talk, see ya later Ray." Debbie followed Zurie to the gazebo outside the back of the college and sat down. "What did you do to me! Why doesn't anyone recognize me?" "The spell I casted was one where you look different and no one knows you. It won't affect me since I'm the one who placed it on you." "Take it off, I promise I won't do anything to you ever again." "Sorry, but I won't be taking it off yet." "When then?" "When I think you're ready. Well then good night Debbie, see you tomorrow." "You-you witch!" Zurie didn't say anything else and left to go back to Mr. Young's room. "Ray, Mr. Young sorry about that." "What was Debbie doing here? What did she mean by what you did to her?" "You remember her?" "Of course. Why?" "I put a spell on her." "You what!?" Zurie then explained to them about the spell; "oh that sounds cool." "It does, but how are we supposed to act?" "Act as if she's new here, like any other student, and whatever you do don't show that you recognize her." In unison both Ray and Bruce asked "why?" "What do you think Debbie will do? She'll bug you guys and ask why." "I guess I see your point. Ray and I will try our best. Ray?" "Yeah, why not." "Thanks guys, good night." "Good night." "Night."

"I see you're back to your normal self now?" "Yeah. Sorry if I worried you." "As long as your fine, it's alright." "Lets get going before we're late for class." Walking out their door they saw Debbie, "oh it's you. She came looking for you last night." "I know, she found me last night. She's new here, we met yesterday. Polly this is Debbie." "Nice to meet you, if you need any help just find me or Zurie." "I thought Zurie was new here." "Not exactly she's been here for nearly a month now. See you around." "Lunch?" "Sure, then we get to introduce you to Steven and Ray. They're very nice like us, see ya at lunch."

Lunch came around and everyone was at the table eating and talking until Debbie came up to them. "Every one this is Debbie and she's new here." Ray only waved, Steven said "welcome. Well don't just stand there, sit down. So how are you doing, have you adjusted to our school yet?" "Steven let her eat her lunch some before asking questions." "Okay, okay.. Debbie if you need anything just look for us." "I know. Polly right?" "Yeah." "She already told me that." "Oh." "So are you volunteering today?" "Yeah, since I'm not sick anymore and don't have family problems now, I'll be volunteering regularly." "What about you Ray, are you going with her?" "Maybe, I don't know yet. I might have a family member coming today." "Oh." "..We better head off to class. See you all after school." "Bye Steven." Ray, Polly, Debbie, and Zurie all headed to English.

At the entrance everyone was there. "So Ray?" "Can't a family member is coming to town, sorry Zurie." "It's fine, maybe tomorrow." " What about you Steven?" "My friend Kevin and I planned to go watch a movie today." "Ray I'll be fine, besides Debbie going with me. We'll be back before seven. Have fun with your family and friend, don't get bored Polly. Come on Debbie." Some minutes after leaving the college Debbie spoke up, "so where are we going and why isn't Polly coming?" "Don't worry about Polly or why she's not with us and we're going to the hospital." "You volunteer at a hospital or is someone you know at the hospital?" "Just come on or we'll be late getting there." Arriving at the hospital and stopping at the front desk. "Hi Cathy. How are you?" "Good and you?" "Fine, thanks." "So who's this?" "This is Debbie and she tagged along with me. Who knows you might see her here volunteering everyday like me.." "Well Debbie welcome." Debbie only smiled. "My bag.. Thanks." "No problem." "You actually volunteer here. What do you do here?" "You'll see, we will talk after we leave." "Okay."

"so how was it Debbie? It is Debbie?" "Yes and it was interesting." While Zurie was getting her bag she overheard a couple talking about their bill, after they left Zurie went over. "Excuse me are they having trouble paying?" "Zurie. Their daughter Sally had surgery awhile ago, about two weeks ago and is resting. They're having a bit of trouble paying the bill." "I see. How much is the bill?" "About two hundred and fifty dollars. They paid about half of it already." "Kim here, put it toward their bill." "Twenty five dollars! You are really kind. Thank you and yes I remember don't tell them. Right?" "Right." Debbie then fished out ten dollars and gave it to Kim. "This is?" "For that couple too." "Thank you then. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Bye Zurie." "See ya." "So-" "We're not talking here." They continued walking till the hospital was out of sight. "Tilafro." "What did you do?" "I froze time and everything around us so we could talk. I know you're pretending to be nice, kind, and giving so I can lift the spell." "How did-" "I can see your thoughts. Like I said I won't lift it until I think you're ready and you are not ready. "What!" "If you come with me to some places for amount time I'll consider lifting the spell. Well now it's time to unfreeze time. Tilaun. Come on or we'll be late." Debbie could only follow since she now knew Zurie was reading her mind.