Chapter 5

Sunday was like any other day although when Zurie walked onto campus that evening and saw Ray and Mr. Young Zurie oddly felt happy and excited to see them as if a kid was waiting for Christmas. Ray noticed left, Mr. Young stayed to wait. "Miss. Walker." "Mr. Young how was your ride?" "It was fine. Sorry about Ray he's a bit restless and well it'll be night soon." "I know, I was actually going to tell you guys I won't be over tonight. I want you two settle plus I'm sure you both had a long ride." "How kind of you." "thank you, I think. Well then I'll go, goodnight." "Yes, good night as well Miss. Walker."

When Polly woke up she saw that Zurie was still in bed. "Zurie it's time to wake up." "Okay, okay I'm up." Aside from Zurie sleeping in a little the day seemed normal until lunch and English, Ray tried to stay away from Zurie. When Mr. Young gave out an English project Ray took Polly as his project partner which also left Zurie with Debbie. After class Debbie took Zurie a side, "you know quite well I don't want talk or answer any questions of yours. So you'll do the project yourself." Debbie then left, Letting Zurie to think to herself. Great! I'll just start the project in the morning and possibly after my volunteer. Thankfully it's due Wednesday, it gives me nearly a day and a half. When school ended Zurie went to the hospital to volunteer as usual.

"So you're going to do all the work while Debbie does nothing and also receive the same grade as you. Totally unfair!" "It's fine." "-just don't overwork yourself, you'll get sick." "I'll be fine. You just concentrate on your project." "I know.. Hey is something going on between you and Ray?" "No. I think he just wants to get to know you since we're friends." "Oh... Well I'll let you uh finish your homework and some of your project." "Kay and thanks." "No problem."

Wednesday did come finally and Zurie finished the English project on time, although Zurie without noticing caught a little cold. To Zurie it was nothing, a regular, and normal day. So after school ended that day Zurie checked for mail from her father which finally arrived and then went to volunteer. Although Zurie was at the hospital for a few hours it felt longer, even a nurse could tell Zurie was out of it. Heading to her room Zurie bumped into none other than Debbie, "sorry." "You will be." "I'm not feeling well. Can we do this another day?" Without a reply Zurie went into her room did her homework, deciphered and read the letters that was sent to her by her father. Zurie who was surprised took the letters folded them up and placed them into her pocket. "Polly I'll be back, I'm getting some fresh air." "You want me go with you?" "No it's ok, I don't know how long I'll be." "Okay."

Zurie left to Mr. Young's room, but without noticing Debbie was following her with a bucket of cold water. "Mr. Young I'm coming in." Zurie went in and took the letters out of her pocket to only be hidden behind her because Debbie came in. "Looks like Mr. Young isn't here, to bad." With that said Debbie was bringing the bucket up while she did so Zurie put the letters on top of the closet. Debbie who knew nothing of Mr. Young's curse did everything right in front of his eyes. Because Zurie didn't have much strength to fight back Debbie pushed Zurie into Mr. Young's closet and tied the door so Zurie couldn't escape. After tying the rope Debbie dried the floor up and said "Sleep well.. This will also teach you two things. First to never bump into me and second to think twice on telling our teacher you did all the work on the project. Well nightie night." About five minutes after Debbie left Ray came in. "Ray! Zurie is in my closet, Debbie locked her in there, help her." "I am by leaving her in there. She's the root of all this." "I told you she's only the descendent." "Even so she knew, which is why she hasn't come over to visit us." "Ray!" "There's no point in talking to you. Night." "Ray!... Miss. Walker I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait till morning." Zurie didn't reply, "Miss. Walker!" "Okay."