Chapter 7

"Ray! What are you doing here, are you sick, what's wrong?" "Mom if you stop I can explain why I'm here and how I got here." "What-" Before Mrs. Collins could finish Bruce motioned for Ray. "Mom follow me please.. How is she doing?" "I think she's alright." "I don't recall seeing her." "That's because she's not part of the family." "What! Why did you guys bring-" "Mom listen to us first. This is my friend Zurie and she knows about the curse." "Really?" "Yes, in fact we believe she might know how to break this curse." "Oh. Well let me see." "She woke up around mid-day and then fell back to sleep. She came to my room last night and was followed by a girl. That girl is a bully at the school, anyway she poured a bucket of water, shoved, and tied my closet so she couldn't get out." "Zurie right?" "Yes." "Zurie will be fine, I think she was sick soaked.. Beth bring some extra clothes to the fourth floor room, 126." Some time later a nurse came in with clothes, "Thank you Beth. Bruce, Ray step out for a moment while Beth and I change Zurie's clothes. Having these damp clothes on can keep her sick or make it worse." "Okay." After changing Zurie's clothes Beth opened the door for Ray and Bruce. "Mrs. Collins do you mind if we stay? The college gates are locked." "Then how did you-" "Kristy, remember she turns into a griffin tonight." "Right. I don't see a problem with it." "Thanks." "Mom wait! Could you be Zurie's doctor? I know tomorrow night is your night, but.." "Of course and as for tomorrow night I'll ask John to-" "Thanks mom.!" Ray took an empty seat, slid it close to Zurie's bed and sat in it, and took Zurie's hand.