Chapter 17

" Hey Zurie!" "Deb... Is Anna here?" "Yeah. Anna Zurie needs to talk to you!" "I'll be out!" Anna came out from the bathroom. "You wanted something?" "Lets walk to the gazebo or to the roof top. I just need your help with something, but I want tell you what is wrong first." "Okay then lets go." Zurie and Anna arrived at the top of the college rooftop. "So what it is?" "Before I tell you can I ask you something?" "What?" "What do you think of Debbie?" "Well honestly she changed so much I'm not sure whether I like it or not." "I know, which is why I wanted to talk to you." Zurie then explained everything that happened excluding Mr. Young and his family. "I'm not sure if I believe you, but it also makes sense on why she hangs out with you and your group of friends... By the way why are you telling me all this?" "Because that spell will be put on you, starting today." "I doubt it." "Well actually I already put it on you when we were climbing the stairs. I'll be the only one to remember you and when I think you got a new perspective and understand Debbie then I'll take it off of you. And you won't be telling anyone about my gift for I also placed another spell on you, so that you can't tell anyone about me. If you don't believe in everything I told you, go and see for yourself." Anna then left to find that no one not even Debbie knows or remembers her. Anna ran back to the empty roof top and then to Zurie's and Polly's room. Two knocks and the door opened, thankfully Zurie was alone. "What happened?!" "I told you already." "So then you weren't.." "No. I wasn't joking or playing around. I'll keep an eye on you, but not to close, you aren't like Debbie so who knows how long that spell will be on you." "How long was it on her?" "About three or four months." "What! So I didn't remember her for that long! She must of felt lonely?." "Yes and no, she had all of us." "You mean your friends?" "Yes. And no there's no spell on her now, it's her choice to stay friends with all of us. It's best we heard to bed, good night." Anna couldn't think what to say so she only nodded.

Although Anna was not in any of Zurie's classes Zurie got to see Anna at lunch and later hear from Jane that she and her cousins still remember Anna. At the hospital Mrs. Collins and some staff talked to Zurie about their changed curse. Once Zurie and Ray was ready, they left the hospital heading back to college, and Zurie felt sort of relieved. "I know you don't want to talk probably after volunteering today, but I was wondering." "If it's about your family's curse being changed can we talk about it a little later?" "It's not about that." "In that case go ahead and ask whatever you wanted to." "My cousins plus I remember Anna. The thing I wonder is why? I mean uh-" "The curse was changed not taken away. Debbie texted me earlier, she told me she remembers Anna." "Why does she recognize Anna? Deb isn't part of my family." "No, but she did have some spells on her and saw me do other spells. In other words she'll recognize Anna no matter what, it doesn't need to be Anna it could have been anyone even Polly. Debbie would have remembered her." "I see."