Chapter 20

"Zurie you're awake!" "yeah.. School hasn't started go." "But-" "Ray I'm fine. Kristy and your mom will be here; I also promised your mother I won't leave for a few days." "Fine." "Anna you too, go to school with Ray." "Uh." "Are you nervous or scared?" "Anna nodded, "It's okay he won't do nothing to you. I have a protector spell on you, I'll explain everything later." "O-okay." "By the way don't do anything rash to Tommy, if Cody and Jane ask where I am tell them the hospital and my room number I'm sure they'll want to know or have questions. Now if Polly and Steven ask tell them something came up at home, but I'll be back as soon as possiable." "okay. And Debbie?" "Tell her what happened make sure she doesn't do anything rash as well and yes she can visit." "Okay. Rest and relax. Lets go Anna." "Bye." "Bye, see ya later."

Lunch went as if nothing happened, but in truth Ray, Anna, Jane, and Cody wanted to say something, smack and or punch Tommy. Once lunch was over everyone was getting up to leave for their next class accept for Tommy; Polly then said "you'll be late. Tommy! Earth to Tommy." "Huh?" "You'll be late to class if you space out. Is something wrong?" "No, I was just thinking it's nothing. See ya." Anna knew she shouldn't do anything rash, but thought saying something won't hurt anything. Right? "Tommy." "Uh." "I won't take up any time. I just wanted to say you shouldn't hurt your friend or someone who is trying to be. Go or I'll be late getting to class." "why are you telling me this, aren't you scared?" "I am a little scared, but I have faith that Zurie won't let anything happen to me.. It's just not that sometimes you have to trust others even if you don't want to. See ya." "Did Zurie tell you about our family?" "No, but it's none of my business." Before Tommy could say anything Anna left for class.

After school was waiting at the entrance accept for Tommy who was in his dorm room. "Zurie." Said Ray. "Everyone." "Are you alright?" "I'm fine Cody." "Uh." "Anna I'm sorry, but I asked everybody here not to remember you so you could learn and go through what Debbie did. I apologize." "How is it they all remember me?" "Cody, Jane, Ray, Tommy, and Mr. Young is related since I changed their curse while ago so they'll remember and if I freeze time they'll continue doing whatever they are doing. Debbie remembers because she saw some amount magic plus had some on her. As for what you said earlier thank you, but don't be so well you know." "Uh how, no what's going on?" "I'm reading your thoughts. Look at the wall, I'll show you how they got cursed, to when I changed it. After that I'll explain everything, but first I need to take your spell off." "What?" "I see you changed." With two waves of Zurie's hand the spell lifted off of Anna and then a video showed on the wall.

"What are you going to do?" "What do you mean?" "Jane's right. What are you going to do?" Said Cody. "Ray, Jane, everyone I'm going to do nothing. I'm not changing the curse and if I decide to do something I'll tell you." "Seems Miss. Walker made up her mind. We better go to let her rest and get back to the college." "Thank you, Mr. Young. I'll see you all tomorrow."

Friday afternoon everyone wanted to stay at the hospital, but Zurie told them to leave for Polly and Steven might get suspicious. Unknown to all accept Zurie Tommy was hiding in the next room, locked from the inside, listening to what they all said to Zurie and Zurie to them. Once everyone was gone and off the fourth floor Zurie went over to her neighbor's locked door. "They're gone, you can come out now. I knew you were there sine morning, so if you have something to say... Say it. Tonight you're changing so I guess you'll be staying in that room unless you hurry back to the college." Tommy only listened to what Zurie said, "don't try come in my room, I have a shield up just for you. I do want talk to you some time." Behind the locked door Tommy was reaching for the door, but stopped and said "uh." "If it's something hard to say or ask don't push yourself. Well good-" In a hasty and shaky voice Tommy asked "what are you going to do to me?" "Nothing. Good night Tommy." Tommy wasn't sure if he should trust that answer, but knew he had to talk to her sometime. 'I guess I'll stay since I'll be transforming soon. Maybe I will try talking to her tomorrow' thought Tommy.

Early the next day Zurie woke like she always did, Tommy waiting outside her door and Carol watching Tommy. Zurie made the shield at the door go around her so Tommy could come in and at the same time protect herself. "Mrs. Collins it's ok, we'll be fine." "Are you sure Miss. Walker?" "Yes, I'm sure." "Very well, I'll check back on you later." Carol left leaving Tommy and Zurie alone, "Tommy you can come in I brought the shield toward and around me. Sit or stand if you like.

"I think I'll just stand uh stand." "Alright." "So uh?" "Don't feel uncomfortable just talk normal or do you want me to put the thought bubble up?" "No!" "Very well.. You didn't get much sleep did you?" "No." "I told you I wouldn't-" "I know what you said, but how can I believe you when I-I?" "I was-am honest after all we were friends." "Were?" "Yes. Now you got to earn my trust back as a friend. Lets talk like we did before." "How can you be so calm!?" "Being angry won't get me anywhere; think if we had separate roles.. Would you be angry or try to forgive?" "I don't know." "They'll be back soon. Go back to your room unless you want to be punched or slapped by any of them." "...ok."

Once Tommy went to his room, which was next door to Zurie and locked once again his cousins, plus friends, Debbie and Anna arrived, and was in Zurie's room. "Hey Zur." Said Jane. "Everyone. You know you don't need to wake up early to come here. I mean I'm not going to die if you don't come or of boredom." "We know" said Cody. "Hey we haven't seen Tommy for a few days. Did he come here by chance?" "No Ray I haven't seen him." "Keep an eye out. I don't want to see any more blood or scars from you or any of my friends." "Ray you're such a worry wart, but I know you care. Rest assure everyone he can't come in unless I let him in. I have a protective barrier at my door even now it's there; it won't let him in no matter what he does." "Sounds cool. What about us?" Asked Jane. "It'll let you in since you all care about me."