Chapter 11

Saturday came and as discussed Debbie was at Zurie's and Polly's door knocking. "So what are we doing today?" "It's a surprise, but I will say we'll be going to some amount places. Polly I'll text you so you can join us later." "Thanks." "No problem. Well lets go." "See ya." Polly said while going back to bed.

"We're not taking the bus?" "No everything is in walking distance accept one which we'll save for last. I'm not sure if we'll get to it today or not, if not there's tomorrow." "Tomorrow?!" "On Sundays I wake up early to go to church, jog, and then volunteer. You don't need to go with me to church or jog, but I'll come back to get you for volunteer." "Do you really think me volunteering will change anything?" "Ask me later or tomorrow and not now." "Whatever." "Zurie!" A car stopped and a young lady about the same age as Zurie stepped out of the car. "It's Kristy, Ray's cousin. The one who helped you get to the hospital when you were sick." "Oh right, now I remember. I never got to thank you for that day, so thank you." "So where are you going?" "Well my next door acquaintance is tagging along with me. Kristy can we talk privately for a moment?" "Of course." Zurie quietly whispered what was going on, the only thing Kristy could say was "oh." "Kristy this is Debbie. Debbie Kristy, one of Ray's cousins." "Nice to meet you." "Yeah." "Hey do you mind if I tag along too?" "No I don't mind, more the merrier." "Thanks. Hop in." "Do you mind if I drive? I want it to be a surprise." "Go right ahead." "Thanks."

Zurie parked the car as Debbie said "Berchem's veterinary clinic?" "Yeah, we're volunteering here for a little." Nothing else was said, all three worked and tried hard not to get in the way. After an hour and a half Kristy, Zurie, and Debbie left. "Where to next?" "Like I said before today will be all surprises. Zurie pulled over, took out her cell and texted Polly; telling her that they are going to Lauren's Animal Rescue for about two hours and then will meet her at Al's Soup Kitchen. Debbie was upset a little to see so many animals that needed help, a lot were malnourished some had scars and others was scared somewhat to see a human.

When they pulled into a parking lot they saw Polly waiting at the entrance of Al's Soup Kitchen. "Hey." "Hi. Oh this is Kristy, Ray's cousin. Kristy this is my friend Polly." In unison they both said "nice to meet you." "So how long are we staying here?" "Two hours." "What are we going to do?" "We can cook, keep the kitchen clean or try to while people cook and bring food out. Or we can serve food to the homeless. I told Al that we're serving food." Nothing else was said they got behind the tables to help.

Al thanked all of them personally, everyone got in the car, Polly followed Zurie to the next destination which was a homeless shelter which they helped cleaned nearly everywhere. After the homeless shelter was Brandy's Orphanage in which they all stayed for three hours playing with the kids and helped the staff cook and served. To Polly, Zurie, and Kristy it seemed normal, but to Debbie it was fun playing with the kids and yet sad to see so some amount of kids there.

"Hey Kristy is it alright if Debbie and I go back with Polly?" "No not at all. Bye, have a safe ride back." "Thanks. Wait! Let me give you some gas money." "No need." "Thanks. We'll talk another time, bye.. Have a safe ride too." "Thanks." Everyone left after saying what they needed to.

After dropping off the car back at Polly's aunt's house they all then waited at a bus stop for a bit. Zurie quietly whispered 'Tilafro.' "You froze time, everything again?" "Yes. What did you think of today?" "I guess I wasn't bored." "That's all?" "Yeah. Why?" "Honestly I thought you would learn something.. Learn that there are people out there that needs help, animals that can or will get hurt. Children who lost their parents and none of their family wants them or parents who never wanted kids just give them up." "So what does that have to do with me?" "I just wanted to show and hope you will learn that, but I guess it didn't affect you. These places we went to may seem meaningless to you, but to them it gives hope and happiness.. To know that there are still people out there that still cares." Zurie saw that Debbie wasn't thinking of anything and wasn't going to reply until Debbie saw a car moving and everyone was still frozen. "Why is-" "The only reason anyone can move like us while time is frozen like this is because they either have a spell or a curse on them. They have a curse." "Really? Who is it?" "I'm not telling you, the family has a right to keep it a secret. Tilaun."

Zurie went through her Sunday routine accept for having Debbie tag along. "So where are we volunteering?" "Hospital." "Again, why? You must like hospitals." "It's not that I like it, it feels good to volunteer." "So you volunteer to make yourself feel good?" "No. When you see them at first you feel sad and or pity, but you also give them hope and happiness. I want give them that." "Why do you always volunteer at a hospital?" "I change my volunteer places, sometimes I volunteer at a place for only a month other times a year. We're here."