Chapter 13

"Next week make sure your cousins are in your uncle's room.. I'm coming to tell them who I am." "I guess you made a choice and will be breaking our curse.?" "No, it's something else. I will tell you next week. Lets end our conversation here before Debbie comes." Within minutes Debbie arrived, "well we're all here lets go volunteer now."

"So it's tonight you'll be coming over. Right?" "Yeah. Did you tell them about me?" "All I told them was that you're coming over tonight; I didn't tell them your name or anything else." "Good. See you later then." "Yeah." "Wait! Tonight your night right?" "Yeah.." "What about your cousins?" "Two of them. Tomorrow it'll be my uncle, the one teacher, and one cousin." "Okay, thanks. Bye." "Why!?" "No reason." In truth there was a reason Zurie wanted to know beforehand.

"Alright Ray we're all here. Where's the person?" "First don't get mad and she'll be here soon just wait until she knocks on the door." Zurie heard everything and knocked after Ray finished what he was saying. Zurie walked in and everyone was a tad shocked all accept Mr. Young and Ray. "You!..You're" "Yeah. I had my reasons for not telling you." "You knew who we were?" "Yes. From the moment you stepped on campus." "Why then!?" "Tommy, Cody, Elaine, and Jane try to understand. She had a reason." "Why now? And why didn't you or Bruce tell us?" "I asked them to keep quiet. I wanted to get to know you all and at the same time let you get to know me." "How do we know that you didn't do anything to us?" "Cody I didn't do a thing to any of you accept read you all thoughts. I saw what your intention was when you came to this school. As for now it's somewhat the same, but at the same time you barely care." "You're reading our minds now?" "Yes, I left that spell on you the moment you stepped on campus.. Mrs. Brown your more understanding I guess it's because you're a teacher." Tommy thought if only Zurie was a boy he'd punch him, Jane on the other hand was thinking whether to pull Zurie's hair or just forget it, Tommy was speechless. "Miss. Walker if you don't mind me asking, but why are you telling us now about you?" "Almost all of you changed your thoughts and know about me after spending time with me.. As for this meeting it was also of my request, I want ask you all for some assistance with something." "What? What do you need help with?" "Well Jane there's a girl at this school I put a spell on. She changed some, but I think if she met you guys on your nights she'll see that there are spells that are far worse than hers." "Who?" "You know Debbie from lunch?" "You mean her? Why does she-" "She was a bully at this school, look at the wall." With a wave of Zurie's hand some of Debbie's old memories appeared as if it was being played by a tape or dvd. "If we help you what do we get in return?" "Tommy!" "No Tommy is right." "How about breaking our curse?" "Wait she still need to think over things." "Like what?" "It's a life or death choice on her behalf." "Ray don't worry about me." "But-" "Ray remember what I said before.I'll repay you guys, but help me out.. Just for a few days, no a week. Please." "Miss Walker what does Ray mean by life or death?" "He knows little of it, I didn't go into details. In any case will you help me?" Everyone said yes accept for Bruce, Elaine, and Ray. Bruce stepped forward "we'll help you no matter what, you didn't even need to ask." "I wanted you guys permission after all this is your life, your private life." "When do you want us to do this?" "Is tomorrow night to soon?" "No. All I ask is that the ones who transforms be in this room early so Debbie can see you transform. I'll be here as well." Zurie left before anyone could say anything, "Ray talk to her and ask about the details of her choices some time tomorrow." "Well tomorrow is Saturday, she's going want to volunteer like any other day, but longer... fine."

"Zurie!" Zurie the stopped walking, Ray ran up, "can we talk?. Privately." "Come." Some time later both Ray and Zurie ended up on the roof of the Berchem's hospital. "Tell me the details of those choices." "Why? After all it's my choice." "Bruce asked me to plus I have my own reasons." "What reasons will that be?" "Because I wanted to tell you something, but after the curse was gone.. My cousin said something crazy and because I don't know any of the details it might affect me. So tell me the details. Please!" "Whatever your reason is I can say it won't affect you." "It will!" "Sorry Ray, but I need to go. I'll see you later." Zurie left to hide in an empty room on the fourth floor as she did so Ray was trying so hard not to cry.

Ray ran back to the college found his cousins and took them all to Bruce's room. "What-" Ray punched Tommy square in the face, "what was that for!" "Your stupid reward you suggested to Zurie because of that I-I." "What's the details?" "She wouldn't tell me. Because of you I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to confess my feelings. You must be happy!" "You like her for real?" "Of course I do!" Ray punched Tommy one more time and left. All of Ray's cousins stood there speechless for a moment. "Go talk to Miss. Walker quickly." "Where would she be?" "Who are we talking about?" "Bruce?! Do you know where Miss. Walker would be!" "She volunteers at our hospital." "Guys go, I'll talk to Bruce." Everyone ran out of the room, leaving Elaine to explain.

Cody, Jane, and Tommy ran right into the hospital right to the front desk. "Cathy there's a girl who volunteers here, her name is Zurie. Is she here?" "Zurie is here, but she's not volunteering." "Why not, where is she?" "The last I heard she was on the roof with Ray, but after that.." "Lets go!" They all reached the roof to find it empty so they all went back downstairs looking sad when Cody bumped into Ray's mom. "Sorry about that Carol." "What's wrong? Why the long faces?" "We were looking for Zurie, but we didn't find her." "She's in that room over there." They rushed to her room to find Zurie laying on the bed, "what's wrong with her? Did she try to kill herself?" "No, nothing wrong. Miss. Walker is in a different universe sort of talking to her grandmother, the one who put the curse on us. Why would you think she killed herself?" Jane explained what happened and after she finished Zurie woke up. "Guys, Mrs. Collins.?" "I'm going to let you all talk, we'll talk later." "Thank you, of course." Carol left, closing the door behind her. "you probably know why and all that, I mean you're reading our thoughts aren't you?" "I am. Rather interesting especially Cody's thought, here lets see." Again like a video playing Cody's thought of earlier's fight appeared on the wall. "No matter what you say I chose my choice, it would have been the same later. I wanted to wait a bit, but next week will it'll be different, maybe." "What do you mean?" "My choice was and is life if I chose death it'll be sad and you all would have to wait amount of years." "Oh.. Uh-" "Tommy it's fine, don't apologize. None of you don't need to. I'll see you guys later find Mrs. Collins for me and tell her we're done." They found Care explained everything to her, almost the same explanation she told Tommy, Jane, and Cody.