Chapter 8

"Ray.. Ray you'll be late for school." "Mom. Zurie!?" "She's still sleeping, go to school I'll be here." "But-" "Don't worry, when she wakes up I'll text you." "Ok, I'll be back later. See you later mom, Zurie."

All day Ray was worried and constantly checking his cell for a text, but nothing came." "Bruce are you gonna visit Zurie?" "Maybe for a few hours, I can't stay I need grade some tests and do so before tonight." "Right, let's go." "The way you are acting someone would think you guys are dating." "Hm; no. It's just that we're friends and I want to apologize to her too." "Really? Yes indeed you do have to apologize." "I know and yeah." At last Ray and Bruce reached the hospital, hurried to the elevator and pressed three. "Hurry up!" "Hey the elevator going as fast as it can." "Yeah, but we still need to take the stairs to get to the fourth floor." Sure he says he wants to apologize and be there for a friend, but the way he's acting I doubt it. "We're here, let's go.!"

"Mom how is she?" "Zurie is fine, but still sleeping.. John will be her doctor tonight. Are you staying tonight?" "Yes." "I see, well don't forget to do your homework." "I know." "Bruce." "Carol.. Say hi to your husband for me." "I will and help me remind my son of his homework. I'll probably be back tonight to check or just watch, so please leave the door open a little." "Of course."

As promised Ray did his homework, Bruce left after Ray finished, and left the door open for Carol. Later that night while Carol was perched on one of the chairs watching Ray and Zurie, zurie stirred and opened her eye to an unknown and dark room." "Miss. Walker." Zurie then looked around seeing nobody accept for Ray who was sleeping. Carol flew off the chair to Zurie's bed, "a bird? Wait you must be part of Ray's family."I am, I'm his mother." "Nice to meet you uh Mrs. Collins.?" "Yes, nice to meet you as well." "Where am I?" "The Brechem's hospital. I'll go get a doctor." "No, wait!" "Don't worry about me. You see we're on the fourth floor, this floor is for our family." "So the hospital knows about your family?" "Our family owns this hospital, so everyone who works here is part of the curse." "I see, but still don't go get a doctor. I don't want wake up Ray, please." "You know I should, but I won't this time." "Thank you." "I'll watch over you, so get some sleep and we'll see each other tomorrow." "Okay."

"Ray time to wake up." "Mom?.. Zurie!" "She's fine. Zurie woke up last night, she didn't want me to get John. I was here last night just watching." "So then she's not sick anymore?" "No she's still a little sick." "Oh." "Don't worry she'll get better." "Since it's the weekend I think I'll stay here, I have something to tell her." "When she does wake up come get me." "Why not stay? Look." Said Carol. "-Ray." "Zurie!" "Well Miss. Walker you like giving people surprises don't you?" "Your voice.. Mrs. Collins." "Good morning. If you don't mind let me check your vitals and temperature... Not as bad as when you first arrived. If you need something there's a button." "Yes, thank you."

Carol left to let Ray and Zurie talk, once the door closed Ray tried to speak, but was lost for words. "Ray; I'm fine. So how long have I been here?" "Couple days.. Uh, never mind." "Just say it." "I-I-I'm sorry." "Huh?" "That night I came in after Debbie left and didn't help get you out of the closet." "It's-" "Wait it's not just that! When we got back and I tried to avoid you. I'm sorry for everything." As Zurie touched Ray's hand she said "Ray.. I accept your apology." Ray still didn't look up until Zurie lifted Ray's head that had tears in the eyes which was about to fall. "Ray I'm fine so don't cry or tear up." "So are we still friends?" "Yeah." "You know if Bruce didn't show me the letters, oops. Sorry I didn't mean to read them, but-" "It's fine I brought them for you guys to read. I might of acted the same way as you if it was me." "I doubt it, you're nice." "True, I would of tried to talk about it." "Yeah; which I should of done. Again I'm sorry." "I said it's fine. So tell me what's been going on."

Both Bruce and Carol walked in seeing Ray and Zurie laughing. "Well Miss. Walker it's nice to see you awake." "I came to take your temperature." "Ok. Hi Mr. Young." "How are you feeling?" "Alright I guess." "Still a fever, but I'm sure by tomorrow or in a couple days it'll go away. Do you need anything?" "No I'm fine Mrs. Collins, thank you though." "Don't you mean doctor Collins?" "Bruce! She can call me whatever she wants to." "Uh thank you I think." "So Ray did you apologize?" "Apologize? Apologize for what!?" "It's nothing Mrs. Collins, really. And yes he did." "Wait! I still want to know why and what Ray had to apologize for?" Bruce explained while Ray stared at the floor, trying not to look at his mother." "Ray! Miss. Walker I'm so sorry for my son's behavior that day." "Mrs. Collins it's fine I already accepted his apology. Didn't I?" Ray only nodded, "we are still friends and that won't change.. I can promise everyone here that." "Miss. Walker you are such a kind and understanding person." "Aw, thanks." "Miss. Walker I brought the letters." "I'm glad you found them. I wanted to show them to you and Ray." "I know. I hope you don't mind, but Ray and I have already read them." "It's fine."

"Are you going to visit her?" Said Ray. "Who?. Oh you mean.. Yes I'll see if I can visit her, maybe sometime today." "Miss Walker you can't visit anyone yet." "No my grandmother sometime ago, the one who set your family's curse and wrote I guess a spell for me or whoever repeats those words to travel." "Can I see the letter?" "Of course." Mrs. Collins took the one letter and read it; "interesting." "I guess.. Wait, why don't you stay? I think I'll try and see if I'm the one." "Try? Bruce and I know you are the one. That locked box in the chest contained a letter." "A letter?" "Yes. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember it saying that the one who deciphers the letter and try to help us is the descendant of the caster." "I see. Well I still don't know if I'm the one who can visit her so let's see... Uniacun."

Right before Carol's, Bruce's, and Ray's eyes Zurie fell back. "She fainted, no! What's wrong? Zurie!" While Ray, Carol, and Bruce were frantic Zurie was in a parallel universe sitting across from a lady. "You are?" "I'm Mildred from the letter and you must be the one. You're a bit sick go back and get well, come when you are completely well." With that Zurie disappeared to see everyone with worried expressions. "Zurie!" "Miss. Walker are you alright?" "What happened Miss. Walker?" Said Carol. "Guys I'm fine." "But you fainted!" "Ray stay calm. Listen I need to get well and repeat those words; I met her." "You met who?" "Mildred, the one who put that curse on your family. Somehow she knew I was sick and told me to leave and come back when I'm not sick." "I see." Said Bruce. "Get better, but don't do that again!" "Ray I have to do it again." "No! You fainted and-" "Ray, everyone I'm sorry if I worried you guys." "It's fine as long as you're alright." "Mom what are you saying? Weren't you worried?" "Yes I was worried, but look she's fine and I'm sure she'll do that again." "Ray! Ray! Look I want break your family's curse and whether you like it or not I'll do that again, no matter what you say. So trust me please." "It's just that you're my friend and I don't want to lose a friend." "Ray.. You won't lose me." "I hope." "Come and sit back down. Wait, what time is it!?" "Almost six." "Wow time really goes. Ray you need to go. It's your night, isn't it?" "It is , but don't worry about the flooring or chair here. Remember this hospital was made by my family so this floor is made to last. I was here the night we brought you here." "Oh."