*4*

Callisto pounced on Miranda, knocking her off of the bed. He quickly shifted into his wolf and stalked towards her.

---

"Callisto-" She was cut off by a growl.

He came close to her as tears poured from her eyes. "Moon Goddess! I just wanted a mate!" She yelled, trying to scoot backward. She didn't have her prosthetics with her so all she could do was hope for this to be an illusion. Like a fantasy, a dream where she would wake up and have all of her limbs and a loving mate.

She wished.

While she was crying her eyes out, Callisto was having trouble controlling his wolf. "Don't hurt her!" Cyllene said, bursting through the doors of the bedroom. Callistos wolf ran out of the door and of the house while Cyllene ran to aid the crying girl on the floor.

Mira was a wreck. It was like a dam broke inside of her. "I-I w-w-want someone t-t-to love m-me!" She sobbed into Cyllene's arm.

Cyllene rubbed soothing circles in Mira's back to calm her. She felt bad for the girl. All she wanted was a mate but clearly, her brother is a horrible mate. 

Mira eventually fell asleep in Cyllene's arms and she decided to take Mira to her house.

She would be safe. Finally. And Cyllene would make sure of it.