eleven- out on a run with a flicker of hope

Callisto had cried himself to sleep. 

He ended up waking up early in the morning.

---

Callisto got up and went to check the mail. He could have everything shipped directly to his house but he wanted to feel normal sometimes. Inside of his mailbox sat a medium gray box. It had a gray bow too. He flipped the package over and there was a note taped to the bottom.

"Dear Alpha Callisto, I decided to put some time into designing my own M.O.O.N.L.I.G.H.T tech for amputees. I created a smaller version for Mira's wolf. It should fit her like a glove. Consider this an early Christmas gift. Sincerely Doctor Flips."

Callisto smiled. This would totally lift her mood he thought to himself. He walked into the house and found Mira in the kitchen. She was humming a tune, softly swaying her hips. His wolf growled possessively and he gripped her waist. He trailed kisses down her neck and to the base of where he was to mark her as his. She gasped and giggled.

"I made crepes if you want some Callisto?" She hummed. 

She turned around and pecked his cheek before handing him a plate with crepes. He grabbed the plate and put it on the island. 

"I found something in the mail for you. Open it and see what it is. We could use it today?" He said, getting excited to see her face light up

She carefully pulled the little ribbon on the top and opened the box with ease. Tears welled up in her eyes as she saw it. They were to help her wolf move around since she too was missing limbs.

"I don't know what to say..." She said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"It's okay baby, you don't need to say anything." He soothed, kissing her cheek.

Inside of the gray box were two hind wolf leg prosthetics and a front leg too. They were black but matte black. Mira started to cry and clung to Callisto.

"I need to thank the doctor." She sniffed, unlatching herself from Callisto.

"Yes, you can do that later," Callisto said, "Let's go for a run?"

Mira's face lit up, her tears disappearing.

"YES! YES YES YES YES!" She exclaimed, twirling around and hugging the box to her chest.

Callisto smiled at her antics.

"Let's go!" She yelled in a cheerful way.

She dragged Callisto out of the house and into the gardens that were in the giant hind yard. Pink, purple, and blue flowers were outlining a path that went into the forest. Mira shifted and forgot that she didn't have the prosthetics on. She whimpered in wolf form, feeling embarrassed.

Callisto chuckled and took in her adorable form. She was a small grey and white wolf. Her tail was fluffy and the tip of her tail and one paw was dipped in black. He walked over to her and started to strap the prosthetics on her small form. He then shifted into his large pure black wolf. The only difference in his fur is that he had a small white dot on his cheek. Mira yipped happily and started playing around.

Callisto growled playfully and started to chase her. She yipped again and darted off into the woods. Colors passed him but he only focused on his tiny mate.

-

Mira turned her head to see where Callisto was but found him missing. She made a small whimper and started to panic. She yelped when she heard bushes rustle. A large black wolf pinned her to the ground and licked her. He was letting out wolfish noises, almost as if he was laughing. Mira's fear washed away with joy. It was Callisto licking her.

He got off of her and Mira took in her surroundings. There was a small river and little pink flowers against trees. 

-

Callisto watched his mate admire the scenery. She looked as if she was starstruck. He shifted back into human form and went behind a tree. He always kept spare clothes in a hole in the tree. He put some skinny jeans on and got Mira a t-shirt. It would be big on her so everything would fit. He turned around and saw Mira whimpering. She was staring at something that was behind Callisto. He turned around and saw a group of five rogues.

"Mira, stay back!" Callisto growled in a protective tone.

He growled at the rogues again and shifted. He lunged at one of them and easily snapped his neck. Blood poured out and he dropped the body. The same happened to the other three rogues. He thought he had gotten all of the rouges until he heard a yelp.

Callisto turned around to see a rogue dangling Mira over the river. He was almost 100 percent sure that she couldn't swim! He charged and the rogue, growling like crazy. He rammed into the ugly brown wolfs side and he dropped Mira. She fell into the river and got stuck in the "tide". She let out a loud wail and went under. Callisto growled and ran to snap the rogue's neck before jumping, still in wolf form, into the water. He looked for Mira and found her sitting on the bottom of the river, motionless. He picked her up by the scruff and swam her to shore.

Her tiny body was shivering and he panicked. His large wolf form curled up around Mira and cuddles her, giving warmth. She whimpered and opened her eyes. He licked her face and purred. A sign of love between mates.

Callisto had her change back to human form and wear the T-shirt while he went to find more jeans. Once they were dressed, Callisto picked Mira up, forgetting that he had left her human prosthetics in the garden. He carried her back to the house and helped put on her prosthetics again.

"Thank you, Callisto," Mira mumbled tiredly. 

Callisto kissed her forehead, "Anything for you my love."

The rest of the day was spent cuddling and watching Harry Potter. Before drifting to sleep with Mira in his arms, he remembered how much time he had left with her. He hugged her closer.

"I'll fix it, I promise."

There was a Flicker of hope.

---

There, I gave a chapter.

But this doesn't mean I still might end this book.

Ya'll don't appreciate what I do