Fifteen-Bad Dreams

"I don't want a mate who might be disabled sooner or later," she said, her words like venom.

Callisto had tears rolling down his face. Of course, no one would want him, especially Mira. She backhanded him and he fell off of what looked like a hospital bed. He took in his surroundings and noticed that he was in a room with no walls, doors, or windows. Just a bed.

He whimpered. He couldn't tell if this was real. No, obviously its real, no one can love him.

A searing pain came through his body and he screamed out in immense pain. He had never felt this.

-

Mira got back home late and was sleeping in the guest room to give Callisto some room. Also because with all of the equipment, she couldn't fit on the King bed since he was placed in the middle. The sound of rapid beeping and a groan. 

She made her way to Callisto's room, not expecting what she saw when she walked in. He was in the middle of the bed, sweating and panting. Whimpers and cries came from him as his face contorted in pain. She was hearing the heart monitor speed up due to his pain and anxiety. She rushed over to him and calmed him, brushing her nimble fingers through his thick, sweat-filled hair.

He opened his eyes, causing Mira to almost cry. His once bright blue eyes were filled with pain and anxiety.

"Shhh..." she shushed him, stroking his cheek. 

His breathing calmed down and he started to fall asleep to her touch. 

"T-Time...don't give up..." he whispered in a shaky voice before falling back into a deep sleep.

Mira was beyond confused but didn't say anything. She decided that holding her tongue would be best. She made her way over to the "couch" in the room and slept there in case of any more "acts" like the last one. Callisto's steady beeping his "heart' lulled her to sleep.

Morning came fast. When Callisto opened his eyes, he saw the doctor changing his IV's. He groaned and turned his head, trying to ease the pounding in his head.

'We will need to talk about treatment soon..." the doctor said in a monotone.

He just grunted in response to Dr. Flips comment.

"We will talk later..." he said grimly before walking out of the room.

Callisto heard hushed whispering outside of his room but didn't care much. He was so tired and just wanted to sleep.