Chapter 1

He grunted as the fist hit him squarely in the chest, sending him down to the ground. She grinned as she pressed her foot down onto him, claiming her defeat. Pushing her wispy bangs out of her eyes, she spat at him,

"Next time you want a fight, actually try." The girl removed her foot, picked up her axe, and in disgust, spat the ground next to Hiccup, and stalked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                 5 YEARS LATER

"Astrid, you gotta try harder than that if you wanna win!" Hiccup whooped as Toothless flipped right side-up, and dashed off, the black sheep safely in their possession.

"Hiccup! You're gonna pay!" Astrid shot forward on her dragon as it shot fire, distracting Toothless momentarily so the twins could swoop in and snatch the sheep.

"The Nutts-"

"Prevail!" Cried Ruff and Tuff, zooming towards the scoring buckets with the ten point sheep. Astrid grinned as she noticed the twins fighting over who should steer, and took the chance, swooping in and snatching the black sheep straight out of Ruffnut's possession.

"Astrid!" Ruffnut whined and started to kick and shout at Tuffnut, causing Barf & Belch to flip over and crash into Meatlug, sending them all crashing into the crystal waters of the shore.

"Yes!" cried Astrid, as she neared the pen. She was going to win!

"Not so fast milady." Astrid whipped around only to see nothing, and one second later she felt the black sheep being pulled straight out of her hands! She gasped and whipped around again only to see Hiccup and Toothless both laughing at her, and watched in horror as he dropped the sheep straight into his pen, claiming the game.

"Hiccup, you little rat!" Astrid laughed, though ashamed to have lost to Hiccup once again, for the fourth time that week.

"Aww, Astrid, have a heart!" He laughed as he flipped over on Toothless and headed back towards her, planting a kiss on her forehead, catching her by surprise.

"You can't make for what you did with flattery Hiccup!" she giggled as Stormfly turned back around to follow Toothless up into the clouds. Suddenly Toothless stopped, and Stormfly abruptly stopped to come face to face with the other dragon.

"Hiccup wha-"

"Yes, I probably can't make it up, but I can at least try." In a flash he locked Toothless' tail and flipped out of the saddle, hopping over onto Stormfly.

"Hiccup, what in Thor?!" He wordlessly plopped himself onto his back in front of her, looking up at her bewildered face. They stayed silent for a few long moments, Hiccup grinning slyly and Astrid debating between slapping him or pushing him off of Stormfly, when suddenly he shot up and planted a kiss on her lips, holding her there for as long as he could, then slid off of Stormfly, and plummeted towards Berk.

"Hiccup, you moron!" She laughed hysterically as Stormfly shot down after Toothless, racing him to catch Hiccup. But, by the time her dragon had reached the screaming crowds of the dragon race, Toothless had already caught Hiccup and was headed to the other side of their island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                    THE NEXT WEEK

"Where could he be?!" Valka cried hysterically, sobbing into Astrid's skirts just after she had dried them off from her tears.

"I- I'm not sure Valka.." Astrid muttered under her breath. It had been almost week, and their chief still hadn't returned. The last memory Astrid had of him was the dragon race, and his innocent kisses.

"The last I saw him was the dragon races," She said turning back to Valka. "He flew to the other side of the island, and.." She took in a deep breath, "That was the last time I saw him." The older woman shuddered as she took in her breath, and rose from the chair she had been seated on.

"Then we'll leave tomorrow. At dawn."