Chapter 11

I look over to Nightwing. Still there. Still not a dream. She and Toothless are still asleep, curled up on the floor next to each other. I take in a shaky breath. Gods, this is insane. 

Another Night Fury, thank Thor it wasn't another male. I laugh softly at the thought, careful not to wake them up. Nightwing has been wary of me. Not avoiding me, but mysterious and watching. It's as if she can see deep inside me, and although it sounds unsettling, with her, it's almost comforting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                   ONE DAY BEFORE

I cried out as the guard threw me to the floor. The open wound on my shoulder stung, throbbing as I pulled myself up from the floor, panting as my dirty hair fell into my eyes.

"You too, huh?" I look up and search the room, fearful. Nothing, except a boot sticking out from a shadow in the corner of the cell.

"W- What?" I wince. Gods, my shoulder hurts. 

"Whatcha in for?" The voice comes from the corner, and the boot shifts, curling up, probably underneath them, and a pale hand emerges from the darkness.

"I- I'm sorry, I don't.. I don't understand." I hear a soft laugh.

"Why are you here?" I look down again, to where my bloodstained hand rests, quivering against the pain. 

"I tried to steal a dragon." I lie. "What about you?" I can almost feel the smile on the mysterious girl's face.

"You're lying."

"W- What?"

"I can tell you're lying. You didn't try to steal a dragon. Come on, you can tell me." For an inmate, she seems nice enough. I look down, biting my lip.

"I tried to steal some fish." 

"I'm sorry, what? Didn't hear you." I pull in a shaky breath, tempted to grasp my shoulder against the pain, but resist.

"I tried to steal some fish from the kitchen. I- I was hungry." She mutters something, then scoots closer, exposing her knees and other arm, but not her upper half. 

"Really? Seems like a really stupid reason to be in prison to me." I sigh.

"Yeah, but Bludvic will take any chance to put me in prison. He hates me."

"Really? Why is that?"

"I'd rather not say." I'm hoping she won't push too much.

"Alright. But, can I ask what the cut on your shoulder is about?" I look down to the deep gash, which is still throbbing like crazy and bleeding freely. 

"The chef got a little over protective. It was an accident, he- he swung a little too close, that's all." I wince against the pain, and bite my lip to keep from crying.

"Come here." She motions to me, scooting forward herself and emerging from the darkness. She's pretty, and looks nice enough. Blue eyes and wispy blonde bangs that brush against my skin softly, like a breeze, as she frowns and begins to wrap my wound with a large slip of fabric.

"So," I gasp as she continues to wrap, and tears fill my eyes. She grimaces.

"Sorry."

'W- What are you in for?" She chuckles as she finishes the tight bondage, settling back into a corner that's better illuminated. 

"Bait."

"What do you mean, bait?" My shoulder hurts.

"To get my boyfriend here. Bludvic really hates his guts." She laughs again, softly. She's really making me feel better, just by laughing. "Probably cuz he's jealous that Hiccup's so hot and he's not." We both laugh at this, and my pain goes away for a few seconds. She smiles at me, and I try to smile back.