Chapter 19

THIS PICTURE IS SO FUBBERKNUCKLING CUTE

"Astrid!" I keep running. "ASTRID!" Ignore him. "Astrid, can we please talk?" Pretend he's not here.

OOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I hit my knee on the way down from the loose board, sprawling out onto the walkway, and Sven gasps, stumbling over me and falling as well. I groan, shoving him off, but he grabs my leg before I can go anywhere.

"Astrid, wait!"

"No!" I turn back, slapping his hand off, then dash off.

"Why are you even running?!" I stop for a moment, furrowing my brow. That's a good question, why am I running? I sheepishly turn back around to see a very distraught looking Sven laid out flat on the walkway, hand extended out to me. I put my hand behind my head, blushing profusely.

"Umm... I'm not really sure." He groans, flopping his head and arm back on to the planks.

"EXACTLY!" Gods, he reminds me of Hiccup so much. I purse my lips together, staying where I am. Eventually, he looks back up at me, panting from the run. "Now," He sounds like a dog. "How about, we-" Wow. Poor dude. "We talk it out?"

I nod self consciously, and he slowly gets up to his knees, shaking his head and grinning. He makes his way over to me, breathing gently. He sticks out a hand, and I flinch momentarily.

He rolls his eyes and grabs me by my forearm, pulling me behind someone's hut. I'm too frenzied to see who's.

I squeeze his cheeks, causing him to yelp as I swivel him around to face me.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry that I was watching you guys, and I'm sorry for intruding, and I'm sorry for-" He tries to stop me, but I'm rambling at this point. "An- And I stopped you guys from having your moment, and Ingrid's crying, and DEAR GOD, WHERE'S INGRID?!" I spin around to face him, ready to slap the boy. "YOU LEFT HER CRYING!?" 

He facepalms, dragging the hand down between his eyes. 

"No, I'm not that stupid." I sigh in relief, dropping my raised arm. Now that I think about it, he did arrive a bit later after I left. He gestures to where the houses split out to the walkway, sighing. "I talked with her for a bit and she calmed down. She wanted to be alone, and asked if I could come back in a bit." I sigh, nodding. His mouth then twitches, forming into a smirk that looks a lot like Hiccup's. "And by the way, you don't have to be so sorry." I'm confused.

"What?"

"You don't have to be so sorry. I mean, sure, you were watching us like a creep," We both blush at this, "And that was kinda embarrassing, but it wasn't your fault she cried." He purses his lips, looking down and scuffing the wooden planks with his boot toe. "Actually.." He frowns, wincing at something. His gaze shoots up to mine, and he starts to back away. "I- I need to go, she needs me." He dashes off, and soon I see a dragon shaped shadow zip across the crack between buildings. 

Go help her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The little crumpled up ball of human shook against the silvery tears flowing down her face with growing speed. A gasp for breath, and another shudder.

He had hurt her.

Assulted her.

Invaded her. 

Spoke against her.

Betrayed her.

Everything she had ever feared just happened. She needs to escape. Legs aching, she rises from her position on the floor, only to be greeted by a dark shadow looming over her in the doorway.