Chapter 21

I've always wondered what it felt like to die.

Would I see a white light? Would I only see darkness?

Would I hear a beast coming for me, or melodious singing? Red? White? The rainbow? 

I'm not sure. I've heard plenty of stories, and came very close to testing it out multiple times, but I've always wondered. Everyone who dies doesn't come back to say what happens when you leave. Maybe you simply sit there, an eternal sleep. 

No heaven, no hell. Just.. Rest. 

I guess I should probably start from the beginning. Sven is starting to look tired, and I could use some rest as well. So, I close my eyes.. And simply remember.

The first time he had abused me was a few years ago, when he was simply 'Daddy that was never around'. No mother. Just Daddy and I against the world. I remember that Daddy would never really be home, but when he was, he didn't pay much attention to me.

When Mommy was though, we had great fun. That was years ago. 

He had stumbled inside, not looking so good. Looking back, he was drunk. But younger me didn't know that. I ran up to him, smiling and holding up a doll. Bad move. 

He had gotten angry fast at my constant nagging and requests to play, and things escalated quickly. My neck hurt like hell for some time. For the next few years, I had learned to stay out of the way whenever he was drunk, and after some time, sober as well. 

I don't see what he found so amazing about torturing me. I won't go into detail about some of the things he's done. Not comfortable for either side to talk about. 

The possibly worst day of my life was when he came home very drunk, eyes flashing and a horrible smirk on his face. 'Baby girl? Come out, come out. You can't hide from me..' So I obliged. Slowly crawled out from behind the dresser, and inched towards him. 'Y- Yes Daddy?'  But he wasn't Daddy to me anymore. He was just Bludvic, the man who ruined my life and left bruises anywhere he could, whenever he could. He was mad. Mad. I don't even remember why, but I couldn't walk for a few days afterwards.

He took advantage of that. Worst time of my life, as said before. Unable to run, unable to fight back, unable to do anything. 

Have you ever felt so helpless against someone? We all have our separate stories.. Our separate battles, fights, wars. Some we win, others we lose. Separate paths. 

Are paths really meant to cross each other? Or is every meeting and person a coincidence? The longer we spend wishing for something to happen, the more time we spend missing out on what is happening. 

I wished to be free my whole life, when I could have been standing up for myself. 

So please. Don't do what I did. Stand up against something wrong for what you believe is right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She closes her eyes, and a wave of relief washes over me. Despite having talked to her for a good few hours and having a good time, the poor girl needs rest. She's been through so much, it's absolutely insane that she's still managing.

Especially since just having learned that she doesn't have much time left with us, she's kept her cool. Or, at least, that's what it looks like.

Maybe all that she's been through prepared her for this. Maybe that's why it wasn't such a big blow. Maybe, she's been expecting this, hoping for it, simply waiting for it.

Waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sven has always been by my side, for these few weeks. Always there for me. Maybe just to talk. Or to be silent when we both need silence. 

I'm feeling more tired, and my pains are becoming more and more consistent. Coughing up blood isn't fun, lemme tell you.

Sven looks more and more worried every day. Probably because my coughing fits have been lasting longer. 

I slept for five hours today. Felt good.

Coughed up an insane amount of blood.

And then, finally, I close my eyes to go to sleep. Tears fill Sven's eyes as I do so, and I'm not sure why. I'm just taking a nap. He grabs my hand and bites his lip, a single tear rolling down his face.

"Dont cry"

"I wont"

"Im just taking a nap dont worry"

"I know"

"Hey Ingrid?"

"Yeah"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

When I close my eyes, color dances from behind them, and for a split second, I think I see my mother. She looks happy. And so beautiful. So, so beautiful. A muffled cry is heard, then pounding footsteps, shadows darting across my vision.

But all sound soon fades away, and it's just me and her, standing face to face. She smiles, arms outstretched and tears filling her eyes. I run into them, shaking along with her as color flies around us, a whirlwind of unbelievable peace.

'I've missed you, my darling.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UGH, I HATE DEPRESSING ENDINGS

Happy Thanksgiving, and all that random crap that nobody wants to talk about.. being honest, we all just look forward to food, and getting it over with so that Christmas season can officially start.

Shoutout to @wolfspirit2865 for following! We hit ten followers guys- 😅🔫 Kill me now

~SilentBriar/Emma