Chapter 2

He laughed as he plunged towards Berk, waiting for Toothless to catch him and save him from Astrid's wrath. Kissing her so suddenly and unexpectedly was a bold move, and would probably end up with a few punches from Astrid, but he didn't care.

Hiccup looked up to see Stormfly trying to keep up with Toothless, but failing. He could imagine Astrid whooping and willing Stormfly to go faster, but it wouldn't happen. Toothless was too fast. As his dragon neared him, he flipped his head up and gave him a toothless grin.

"Good job bud! Let's get out of here before my guts end up all over the stadium!" He fought to yell over the winds, but Toothless understood and swept under him, speeding off to the other side of the island, were Hiccup would work on his inventions and study in the peace of his second home, the cliffside workshop.

He looked back to see Stormfly and Astrid turn around in defeat, probably back to the training ring to work on defense, he thought smugly. He felt guilty for being so happy about the victory, but didn't care, laughing as they flew along, making loops in the air and gliding on the strong winds.

Little did he know what waited ahead for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Astrid, do you know exactly where he went?" Fishlegs yelled over the howling wind that threatened to send them all the way back to the village, even though it was a perfect day. 

"Umm.." Astrid tried to smile in apology. "No?"

"We know that he went to the southern side of the island. That's all." Yelled Valka, fighting not to cry on CloudJumper, who was stressed enough with her eggs hatching soon.

"Oh! Oh, oh, oh!"

"What is it Fishlegs?" Astrid squinted to keep the wind out of her eyes.

"Ok, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, cuz- cuz he wanted to keep it a secret, but Hiccup has a workshop there! He goes there to chill out and work on his inventions!" Fishlegs cried, giddy with excitement to finally get the news off of his chest.

"That's our best bet." Astrid yelled, fighting the wind to get her voice heard. "We'll head there first."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toothless landed with a soft trill, tired from the long flight and ready for a nap. 

"Yea bud, me too. Let's get inside!" The young man and his dragon walked along the thin path straight towards a waterfall, and stepped straight through it. 

Once they had dried off, Hiccup went straight to his work table and began sketching a new dragon he had seen a few days ago along the coast of Itchy Armpit, and debated what to name it. 

"What do you think bud? Fireringer or Speedstinger? It does have both qualities." He turned to see Toothless mindlessly roll over onto his back with a piece of fish, looking up at him, seeming to think. After some self debate, Toothless let out a low growl and spit on the ground.

"Alright! Speedstinger it is." He hummed to himself as he sketched some more positions of the dragons, wrote down stats, and prepared a card for Fishlegs. He heard Toothless snarling and said,

"Yea, yea, I'm almost done just give me a sec." Suddenly he heard crashing, and whipped around, saying,

"What in Thor are you do-" He felt a strong arm wrap around his neck, choking him with brutal force. Hiccup felt a hot breath by his ear as he helplessly watched men dressed in black net his dragon and pin him down. Toothless let out a roar and attempted to leap towards the man holding Hiccup down, but the men behind him were too strong. No matter how hard he tried to escape, it was futile, and using fire would likely kill everyone in the tiny cave, including Hiccup.

"Well, well." A deep voice said, cutting through the silence and panting of the dragon. "Looks like the Night Fury isn't so strong anymore, is it?" He chuckled, and the next thing Hiccup knew, he felt a sharp pain on the side of his head, and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Over here!" Fishlegs cried. Valka and Astrid both ran over, to see a sharp dagger stabbed into a slip of paper with a note on it. Along the dagger were designs of dragons, but at the top were carvings of men, holding spears and driving the dragons off. Astrid reached up and pulled the dagger off of the wall above Hiccup's table, grabbing the paper just before it fell. She began to read the note along with the others watching over her shoulder.

Fellow dragon riders,                                                                                                                          It has come to my attention that your chief, Stoick the vast, has been killed. Your new chief, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, seems to be in possession of the night fury that killed the past chief. A night fury would sell for a very hefty price, and I am sure you wouldn't mind paying the same price, if not more, for your chief. Now that he is in my possession, I must say, he is a scrawny fellow. I will expect payments for your chief by dawn on the first night of viking's fellowship season. As for the night fury, you may never see him again. I apologize that things had to be this way, but, business is business.                                                   ~~Bludvic R.

 "Bludvic? Who does this guy think he is?!" Astrid was interrupted by Valka collapsing onto the ground next to her. Fishlegs and Astrid both gasped and rushed to help her up.

"Bludvic.." She mumbled, staring at the ground.

"Valka? Who is that?" Receiving no response, Astrid shook her (hopefully) future mother-in-law. "Valka?" Trembling, the usually strong woman brought her eyes up to Astrid's.

"He was a man of strength. I grew up with him actually. The same village." She chuckled, letting her eyes wander around the cave. "The older he got, the more exciting he got. He would always be the adventurous one, threatening to jump off of cliffs, or to slay dragons at the age of seven." She laughed, as if remembering an old friend. "But it all turned for the worst. He became obsessed with power, and ran away at the age of sixteen. He vowed that our village would pay for the pain and restriction it caused him." She shuddered as she said this. "He hadn't been treated right by his parents, and he felt the need to constantly be free to escape them." She sighed. "The night before he left, he told me that I was his only true friend, and that one day, he would come back and find me. I didn't understand what he meant at the time." She chuckled. "Didn't realize it meant he was leaving."

"So then..." Fishlegs looked over to me, then back to her. "What's so bad about him?"

She took in a deep breath and looked up at them. "He never gave up that search for power." Tears filled her eyes as she explained, "One day he came back, riding a mountain that seemed to have wings. Growing up, nobody had ever actually seen a dragon.. We had only heard of them. The beast spit fire, and burned out the entire village. I.." She sighed. "I was one of the only to escape in time. Along with a few people, only one boat left quickly enough. It was a devastating day for my people, and by the time we landed on the shores of Berk, only three of us were still alive. The rest had died from lack of supplies."

"So... what happened to Bludvic?" Astrid inquired, looking over to Fishlegs.

"I'm not sure." Valka said, looking up at the young woman. "Some say he has been building an army of men and dragons, but from what I've heard, and according to that letter," she said, gesturing to the note, "He has been collecting and selling dragons for profit. But be warned, Astrid," she said, grabbing her arms with wide eyes and fear. "He is not to be reckoned with. Even without a dragon army, or an army of men, he is still a fierce man, who will stop at nothing."

"Don't worry Valka. I'll be safe." Astrid smiled weakly, shrugging out of the frightened woman's grip.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Obviously this would be harder than she thought. But she would manage, especially when it was Hiccup she was after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISCLAIMER: NO, I didn't try and steal the name Bludfist, (Or however you spell it) it was just the first thing that came to mind lol... hope you guys are enjoying it so far and keep reading!!