Chapter 7

Hiccup was gone. Where could he be, where could he be, where could he be, where?!  Astrid whipped around the corner of Gothi's, panting as she asked the frail old woman if she had seen him. Nope. 

After yet another denial of Hiccup's appearance, she grunted as she sped down the hill towards the stalls. It's not like Hiccup would be there. He wasn't anywhere anyway.

As she reached the large building, she ran into Fishlegs.

"Fishlegs!" Fishlegs jumped in surprise as Astrid collided with him, sending them both to the ground along with his basket of Ice Pike.

"U-Oh.. S-Sorry Astrid." He stuttered as he looked up to Astrid, still shaken by the fall.

"It's alright Fish, it was my fault." She stuck out her hand to help the husky boy up from where he had fallen, stooping down to help him pick up the scattered fish that hadn't slid off the edge of the dragon runway. Now that they were back at dragon's edge, along with Gothi, who came for special herbs, the riders were alone again. 

"Why were you in such a rush?" Fishlegs looked questioning, as his eyes met with hers after picking up the last of the Pike. 

"Well, I've been looking for Hiccup everywhere.. Have you seen him, by any chance?" She bit her lip and tried to look hopeful, even though she knew the answer would be no.

"Yea, he's just inside the stables." But before Fishlegs could finish, Astrid had darted into the stables and was already on top of Hiccup.

"HICCUP, YOU MORON!" She had tackled him to the ground, holding him hostage as Fishlegs gaped at the very angry Hofferson. Hiccup attempted a laugh, then looked over to Fishlegs, squeezing out between coughs,

"I t- take it she wasn't that exci-" He choked under Astrid's hold.

"Why'd you leave?! You didn't tell me, I was worried sick!! I couldn't find you anywhere! What were you doing that was so important?! Was it against me?! Why was it secret?! Was it meant to be secret?! TELL ME!" Poor Hiccup couldn't respond. Her hold on his neck was too tight.

"I- wa-"

"Shut up!"

"But, Astrid, you asked him to talk-"

"Fishlegs, shut up!"

"A-As-"

"You shut up too!"

"Astrid, HE CAN'T BREATHE!" Astrid looked down from Fishlegs to a very purple looking Hiccup. She widened her eyes, mortified as she let go and fell back. Hiccup gasped, then plopped back onto the floor, smiling slightly as he weakly lifted his head to look at a very embarrassed Astrid.

"Just.. Just thought you'd like to go on a night fly.." He grinned sheepishly at the girl, then with a thunk, laid his head back down onto the ground. Fishlegs snorted, then was immediately silenced by Astrid's death stare.

"Probably wouldn't be very good if you choked him to death, Astrid.." Fishlegs then whipped around, and whistled as he turned the corner, leaving the two alone.

"Hiccup-"

"Shut up!" He looked up at her, grinning as he propped himself up on his elbows. Astrid's eyes narrowed as a smile crept onto the corner of her mouth.

"You little.."

For the next half hour, Hiccup's shrieks could be heard all across dragon's edge, a sign that Astrid had finally found what she had been looking for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                   THE NEXT DAY