Epilogue

Ten Years Later

"Daddy, Daddy, make me fly!" Amber squeals in delight as I watch Hiccup swing her into the air, a giggling mess of red hair and squirming. 

"LOOK OUT! IT'S A SEA MONSTER!" They both scream as Finn runs up from behind them, throwing string and sprinkling water around the two, winding them up into a screaming knot before they all tumble down to the ground, giggling and pressing kisses to each other's face. 

I sigh, leaning back into the chair and continuing to sharpen my axe. 

Despite my being five months pregnant, I can still fight! My little four year old skips over giddily, auburn hair falling into her bright sea green eyes. 

"Mommy, are you coming to play?" I smile, running a hand over her pale cheek and sighing.

"I would love to, Amber, but I have something to take care of.." I look around, then pull her closer  whilst pressing a finger to my lips. "Can you keep a secret?" She giggles, nodding feverishly and jumping up and down. "I'm making Daddy a present for Snoggletog." She gasps, eyes lighting up as she squeals.

"Can I help?" 

"Of course!" She grins widely, crawling onto my lap and playing around with the paper. Fishlegs had started a new workshop a few years back with Heather, and their new paper is whiter than anything I've ever seen. 

I think they said it was made out of trees?

I knew Hiccup would love it, so we've been keeping it secret from him to make a new sketchbook. We both work in silence for a little, binding the paper together and whispering about what to do.

"I think we should do a drawing on the f- f- first page for him." She has trouble pronouncing a few words, but I still love her just the same. I pinch her cheek and she giggles, putting both cold hands on my own cheeks. 

"Whaddyu think we should draw?" She looks up, biting her lip, then gasps and runs over to Hiccup. 

"Daddy, can I have a pencil?" He looks over from his position on the floor, playing with Finn, and shrugs. 

"Sure honey, what do you need it for?" Oh crap.

"Well, Mommy and I wanna draw something, but it's a shurprishe." We both smile at her mispronunciation at the word, and he motions towards the desk. 

"Alright, but my two favorite girls need to give it back, okay?" She nods quickly, skipping over to his desk. 

"Okay, THANK YOU DADDY!" She barrels back over with a pencil in her hand, smiling widely. I gasp, lifting up her chin to face me. 

"Is that a wiggly tooth?!" She grins, nodding and wiggling it with her tongue. 

"Yuh-huh! Daddy's gonna help me take it out when it's wiggly enough!" I laugh, picking her up and standing to head over to Hiccup and Finn.

"Is he now?" Hiccup looks up and nods, along with our eight year old son, Finn. 

"Ma, when is Snoggletog gonna get here?" I laugh, ruffling up his messy dirty blonde hair and looking over to Hiccup.

"Just a few days honey. You can wait, can't you?" He shakes his head, and Hiccup laughs, swinging him up and over his shoulders. 

"As long as we're all together, I think you can manage, no?" Amber giggles, putting her arms up and jumping.

"I wanna go up too!" I watch as Hiccup stumbles over, Finn still on his shoulders, and attempts to pick her up as well. We all laugh when he nearly drops Finn, then straightens up with Amber in his arms and Finn on his shoulders. 

"Honey, I don't think Daddy's strong enough!" Hiccup gasps, tramping over to me, where I wait by the balcony. 

"I'm deeply offended! Whatever happened to strong mister dragon rider?" I shrug, taking him by the hand and leading him, along with the children in his arms, outside.

He sighs, resting his weathered hands on the railing as Finn plays with his hair and Amber bites her finger nail, resting in the crook of his neck. 

"Daddy, do you like being married to Mommy?" We both laugh at this, and he musses up the four year old's hair.

"Of course I do. I love her more than anything."

"What about me and Finn?"

"We love you too. We couldn't survive without you!" She smiles, satisfied with his answer, and burrows back into his chest. I sigh, leaning into him and smiling.

Dragon's Edge was turned into an outpost on the water, we still visit often, it's like a second home to us. A few generations down are running the post, and they remind me a lot like us when we were younger. 

We all moved back to Berk, Hiccup and our family in our own house above the rest, overseeing the glowing bay of Berk (due to a newly found dragon, the sea scorpion), Fishlegs and Heather breaking up, remaining as friends, and starting a workshop for dragon armor and utilities. A few years after Ingrid's death, we adopted Sven, and at the moment, he's traveling between islands for his studies. Snotlout, as expected, left early in the game to pursue a bigger life, and still returns every year for the holidays. The twins started their own professional boar fighting pit, and hold tournaments every other week, along with their comedy bar next door. I have no idea why they decided to call it comedy, but we all love it. 

As we all lean into each other, Toothless runs up, smiling with his tongue hanging out. Finn squeals as Toothless stands on his hind legs to give him a sloppy lick, earning a groan from Hiccup.

"Bud, you know that doesn't wash out!" Toothless simply snorts, resting by our feet as a tiny little Night Fury crawls over his left wing. I smile as Nightwing saunters over, still just as quiet as before, but much happier. 

Soon, a second baby appears, and then their third offspring crawls out from underneath him, all resting by Toothless' feet and batting at his nose as Nightwing rests beside him, nuzzling his cheek affectionately. 

I look over to a beaming Hiccup and press a kiss to his lips, earning a disapproving squeal from Finn and a sigh from Amber. He blushes, biting his lip and repositioning Amber on his arm. 

"What was that for?" I shrug, looking back out to the water. 

"For existing." He nods slowly, then grabs my chin.

"Alright, fine. Then I get to give you one for existing." I giggle as he pulls me closer, a screaming Amber squished between us as he presses his lips against mine, and Finn retches from above us.

Toothless rolls his eyes and looks away as I rest my shoulder on Hiccup's, sighing happily.

We're all here together, safe and sound. A happy family, a defeated Bludvic, (a few years ago forgot to write about that lol) and a bunch of happy dragons.

Sure, we've had our ups and downs, but we all come back to each other.

That's the thing about belonging.

You simply belong.