Chapter 24 (mini)

A DAY BEFORE

Hiccup runs up to me, red faced and panting.

"Fish, the ring is gone!" Crap, I forgot about that. "Fish!" What do I do!? "Fish, I need help, come on!" Umm.. "Someone stole it, who!?" He grabs me by the arms and swings me around so I'm facing him, staring into his eyes. "Fishlegs, are you even listening?!" I shove him away, standing and walking over to my desk and fiddling around with some stuff.

"Yeah, I hear you." I hear him huff from behind me as he storms over, a mess.

"Then why don't you answer?!" I squeeze my eyes shut, then step over to look at him.

"I don't want you and Astrid to get married!" Oops, I wasn't supposed to say that. He looks taken aback, and steps away. 

"W- What?" Alright, might as well say it all.

"You guys are away all the time, never spend any time with us. You've changed, and after marriage, things will change even more. You know this!" He shakes his head, looking down. When his eyes come back, they're filled with disappointment.

"So, you stole the ring." I turn to look back at him, feeling horrible for betraying him like this.

"I'm not saying that I did." He throws his hands into the air and turns to leave, when I stop him. "But I'm not saying that I didn't." He stops abruptly, turning back around with a scowl on his face.

"What." 

"Hiccup, you guys will leave after you two get married, I've seen the way she acts around you! All she wants is to pull you away from us, and it's only getting worse. I've barely seen you all week!" He storms back inside, jaw set.

"I'm sorry, it's kinda hard to be around every second of the day when you're chief of an island all the way across the ocean!" He snaps, standing his ground. "And do not bring Astrid into this, she never meant any harm! When Ingrid was sick, all she could talk about was how she wished she could spend more time with you guys. And you know what else she talked about?" He inches closer, jaw set and brows furrowed. "How rude you were the entire time." My breath hitches, and I take a step back. He nods, throwing his arms out in a gesture. "Yeah! You're the one who's always away. They were having a perfectly good time, and you went ahead and ruined it by being selfish and snobby." He huffs, then turns around to leave.

"Hiccup." He doesn't turn around, simply stops and clenches his fists. 

"What." I pull the ring out from my pocket, and toss it on the ground next to him. "Would you look at that." He turns around, a mix of sadness and anger flashing through his eyes. "I was right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHOUTOUT TO ALL YOU LOVELIES WHO FOLLOWED ME, I GAINED LIKE 4 FOLLOWERS IN ONE WEEK WHAT

@Star_Dust @sweetcreaturess @ReaderGal2k17 @LunaLovegood879

THANK YOUUUUUU

~SilentBriar/Emma