Chapter 6

Ahem. Yes, its me. The annoying author. I just wanted to say, that if you don't like kissy kissy stuff, there is some, so... yea. (ahem, like only one paragraph so not that bad, but I know that some people can't take ANY) Just letting you romance haters know :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, Bludvic. It is me." Hiccup gaped at her, shocked that they knew each other.

"Mom?! What the hell?" Hiccup looked hurt, and Astrid frowned. She had forgotten to tell him. 

"You.." Bludvic whipped around to look back at Valka. "You've been gone all these years, I thought you were dead, and you get married and have a son?!" His voice raised, as he advanced onto Valka.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Hiccup attempted to race over, limping and hunching his back, ignoring the pain in his back from the deep scars and gashes.

"Oh, Hiccup.." Astrid brow furrowed as she watched him limp over to the much bigger man, who was standing over Valka with a, surprisingly, soft gaze. Hiccup reached them soon enough to hear the man say softly,

"All these years, Valka.." His eyes began to fill with tears, a surprise to most everyone in the room but Valka. "You never wrote to me, never tried to come back to me.. You knew where I was. Why didn't you ever come?" Valka's eyes darted defiantly up to meet his.

"I found myself a new life on Berk. You chased away our people, burning our village, our people.." her eyes began to fill with tears as she continued on. "And for what? A little power over dragons? I found myself a new life, Bludvic. And I suggest you do the same." The woman straightened up as she said this, squaring her shoulders and looking him straight in the eye. Bludvic seemed to slightly back away, hurt and rage in his eyes. 

"Valka," 

"No. You've caused enough pain. You have injured my son and our village. Leave us be." Valka stepped forward, causing the much bigger man to step back. 

"Valka... I thought you would wait for me.." He attempted to reach for her hands, which she swatted away rebelliously. 

"Hiccup! Astrid! Come!" Valka motioned for them quickly, and leaving a stunned Bludvic behind, Cloudjumper and Stormfly burst out through the ceiling, and soon flying back, on their way to Berk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next few days, Hiccup wouldn't come out of his hut, only talking to Astrid and no one else. When she walked out of the house, many vikings would ask questions, but she simply brushed past them, a solemn, sad look on her face. 

For almost a week, no one besides Astrid had seen Hiccup, her dragon staying in the stalls as well. She wouldn't leave until late at night, and would arrive early in the morning to be with Hiccup. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~