Chapter 16

I look over to Fishlegs, whose face is grim and mouth set into a straight line.  

"Fishface." He looks over, frowning.

"What?" Meatlug snorts, pulling away from me.

"Geez, didn't mean to get you upset. I was just wondering, what's the point in going after Hiccup?" His mouth flies open, whipping his head around to face me.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?!" I lift up my hands, holding them in front of my face. 

"Hold on, just hear me out!" He nods, obviously ticked off. "They always go after each other like this, since they're crazy, but they always end up coming back home safe! This keeps happening, one of us is gonna get left behind or something." He looks down, then up at me, nodding.

"Fine. But after two days without seeing the lovebirds, we go after them. Deal?" I nod, and he turns back to the twins, yelling. "Alright guys, we're heading back!" Ruffnut yells, and Tuff pumps his hands into the air.

"ALRIGHT! The lovers finally get their privacy!" Ruffnut crosses her arms, pouting.

"Not fair! I wanted some action, and listening to him talking about Chicken all the time is driving me insane!" I roll my eyes, then pull Hookfang back to line up with the two.

"Ruff, you can hang out with me. Tuffnut can do weird stuff." She smiles, obviously grateful to finally act semi normal, when Tuff intercepts.

"Hey, we Thorstons have to do stuff together! Right?" He sticks out his bottom lip, looking to his sister with genuine pain. She furrows her brow, trying to look away, but Tuffnut and Belch are moving closer and closer, advancing on them. Finally she yells, slapping Tuffnut.

"Fine! You're so mean! I just want some time alone!"

"Being with Snotlout isn't being alone!"

"It's different!" 

"How?!"

"TEARS!" Tuffnut begins to hyperventilate, tearing up. I sigh, and leave them to their bickering to line up with Fishlegs, who is already working on how long it'll take to get back to the edge.

"So?" He side glances me.

"What?" I poke his shoulder.

"Come on, let's just turn back. We'll be back by sunset, and Heather should be landing around then." He looks at me, confused.

"What about Heather?" He forgot?

"You don't remember? We arranged for Heather to visit the edge a few weeks ago, we assumed Astrid was gonna be here. Let's hope she is." I chuckle, but Fishlegs frowns.

"We gotta go back! Come on, you guys are so slow!" Meatlug turns and whizzes by the twins, who are now engaging in an amusing fist fight, in which no fists are involved. They stop momentarily to speculate the blonde Ingerman heading back towards the edge, then continue to fight. I sigh, heading back towards them. Hookfang huffs, obviously annoyed by the bozos as well.

"I know dude. They're so weird." They look up to see us passing, Ruff crying out,

"Hey, where you going?" I look back, winking. 

"If you were listening, you would know that we're going back to the edge!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I peer over my shoulder momentarily to see Astrid stick her tongue out at me. I duck as she taps the back of my head, tightening her grip on my waist.

"What?" She giggles, and burrows into my shoulder.

"Nothing. You're just so warm." She's practically melting into me, moaning as she wraps her legs around my waist to obtain more heat. (I didn't mean for that to be dirty, I know what you were thinking!)