Chapter 23

WARNING: EXTREME SAP AND CHEESINESS UP AHEAD

I open my eyes. I suck in a breath of air.

It smells like vanilla. It smells like the ocean. It smells like leather. It smells like Hiccup.

I look up to the empty pillow, an imprint left from where Hiccup was. I frown. He's not here, he warned me that he would have to wake up early to leave, but I was hoping to catch him before he left.

My chest aches, I really wish he was here so I could wrap him up, steal all his warmth, all his smell, all of him, and never let him go. Ever. He's mine.

I slide out of bed, tired, with aching limbs from my training last night before bed. I quickly get dressed, then head out to the clubhouse. I slip into my seat, Heather giggling like crazy, Fishlegs with a pretty battered face, and Snotlout nonexistent. The twins chatter animatedly, while Sven reads quietly at the back of the room.

Heather bites her lip, squeezing in a strong emotion of excitedness. I sigh.

"What is it, Heather?" She pinches herself, squeezing her eyes shut while still grinning uncontrollably.

"Nothing!" She giggles, and Fishlegs rolls his eyes. Well, one eye. The other is closed due to a dark bruise. She then screams, running her hands through her hair quickly. "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I have to go, I'll spill if I stay any longer!" She dashes outside, about to burst.

A few moments later, I hear Windshear take off, full speed out towards the ocean. I sigh, turning back to a very solemn looking Fishlegs.

"What's up with her?" He sighs.

"Ask Hiccup." I do wanna see Hiccup. That would be nice. (While we're talking, lemme offer you some free advice. Talk le- SORRY, Hamilton again..)

"Do you know where he is?" He grins for a moment, then pushes the corners of his mouth down quickly, an effort on his part.

"When Snotlout comes back you'll know." I groan, shoving my plate across the table and storming out.

"Why doesn't anyone ever tell me anything?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear Hookfang land outside my hut, distinguishable by the snorts and timing between flaps of his wings, also determined by the wingspan of the dragon. What? I'm in love with a nerd, you can't expect me to learn nothing after all these years!

I rush to the door, and sure enough, Snotlout is standing there, hand poised by the door, about to knock. I quickly punch him for good measure.

"So? Where is he?!" He groans, grabbing his jaw and stumbling back.

"Geez, woman! Give a guy a break, would you?" I clench my teeth and grab him by the shirt, pulling him close to sneer in his face.

"You won't be getting a break unless you tell me where Hiccup is, right. Now." He widens his eyes, choking against my grip.

"Geez, okay! But he didn't want you to come until--" I tighten my grip on him. "Until sunset!" I yell, throwing him to the ground and slamming the door in his face to fall straight back into my hot bed, tears gathering in my eyes.

Where the hell is he?! I really wanna give him a hug. I really want him here. I really, really, really, really, wish he was here. I miss him.

I groan, wiping my runny nose and wet face, getting up from the bed that seems for some reason to be on fire. Hiccup's bed would never be this hot. I move over to the couch, which after a bit, heats up just like the bed. I slide down to the floor, longing for Hiccup.