Chapter 3 - Marco Diaz...Right?

Marco's P.O.V
Walking into a different School today was like waking up for the first time. It was scary yet refreshing. I didn't look at anyone hoping they would leave me alone. It's not because I hate people I'm just anti-social. When I was younger I wasn't anti-social but a couple years ago I went through a rough time and it changed who I was.

When I was a kid, I was actually very social. Then my father abused me when my mother died. My big sister takes care of me now, who's the only person I talk to. You see my father abused me because I was an awful person. I hurt him when I should've been helping him.

"Dad, everyone dies and God just decided that it was time for our mom to go. It's going to be okay." I had said to him quietly.

"Marco! I know everyone dies but did it really have to be her?!" My father yelled, I flinched and moved back a bit, scared he was going to blow.

"Sorry I'm just...hurt. I can't be happy for a while." I said while running a hand through my hair, some tears fell down my face.

"She didn't mean as much to you. I won't be happy ever again." He cried for a while and I just stayed silent because I knew he was right.

"We will get through this together." I tried comforting him but he suddenly snapped at me angrily.

"Are you trying to make me mad? I'm not getting through this. You go ahead and act like everything's okay but I'm grieving." I remember the hate in his eyes when he looked at me.

"No, I'm not going to act as if nothing happened. I'm just saying that I will help you gr-" I was interrupted mid sentence.

"Marco Diaz, shut it and go to your room!!" He yelled, his hand was centimeters away from my face and I was trembling horribly.

"I'm sorry dad, I thought I was helping. I was trying to help." I said quickly.

"Just go to your room Marco." He softly spoke. I should've just left, why didn't I just leave? Instead I made everything worse.

"But dad, I want to help you. I hate seeing you cry and I'm not just going to sit by and watch you cry. So tell me how to help you, how to make you at least better. I want to see that smile aga-" once again I was interrupted but not just by words. He slapped me hard, tears had stung at the rims of my eyes.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM MARCO!!" He screamed loudly, I've never ran so fast in my life. I went to my room and sobbed. Ever since that day, we never talked, he just screamed at me and hit me. Thankfully my sister came home from college one day to check on us. She saved me.

"Everyone listen up, we have a new student. His name is Marco Diaz." I was snapped out of my memory. Ms. Turner was walking into her room so I followed.

"Umm...hey." I didn't know what to say so I just walk to the chair I was assigned and sit down. My eyes wander around the room, they land on a girl with blonde hair waving at me. I slowly waved back then she smiled. Her smile was bright, so I couldn't help but smile back. She probably can tell that I'm anti-social.

This is super boring. I wonder if the blonde haired girl is nice? Wait, no, I can't become friends with anyone. If I do, I'll hurt them, and I don't want that. But she seems nice. Maybe one friend won't hurt...I do need someone to help me through school. I mean I have my sister, Chloe, but she's only at home. I'm going to talk to her, I wonder what her name is.

"Marco Diaz. Are you paying attention!?" Ms. Turner was standing in front of my desk.

"W-what did you ask?" My voice was quiet but everyone seemed to hear because they started laughing very loudly, making me hide myself a little.