Chapter 5 - The Truths Been Spilled

Star's P.O.V
I haven't fallen asleep in a long time. Being away from my "home" somehow helps me sleep better, probably because I'm not worried about my safety. That night at Marco's I slept better than I have in months. It was great all except the one thing, my nightmare. It isn't like other people's nightmares, when I wake up from a nightmare I get anxiety. Although the nightmare was terrible I had someone to comfort me this time.

I remember waking up and screaming which turned into tears. My breathing was scattered and loud. Everything around me seemed like it wasn't there, it was just sheer black. When Marco came running in I didn't even notice. I could barely hear him asking me questions. Soon he had wrapped his arms around me and kept telling me that I was going to be okay. I was glad that someone was there for me. Marco is a good friend.

"Hey, you okay?" Marco asked after my breathing was back to normal. There was still quiet sobs coming from me but I was better.

"Yeah, I just had a nightmare, a...pretty bad one and I always get anxiety when I have a nightmare. Sorry I woke you up." My voice was quiet but loud enough.

"No, it's okay. I understand." He lifted my head and wiped the tears streaming down my face. He smiled and I smiled back, it was a moment I'll always remember.

I woke up the day after and felt like I just had the best sleep ever. My phone vibrated on the floor which made me jump. Great...Lily was calling me. I answered it with an eye roll. I didn't want to listen to her lecture about me not coming home last night.

"Star Butterfly, why didn't you come home last night?" Lilly's voice boomed through my phone.

"I needed to get away from you. So I came to Marco's." I say, not really caring if she gets mad.

"Come home now!" Her voice was harsh and filled with anger but I didn't care.

"Yep, be there soon." I say and quickly hung up. So annoying. Marco entered the guest room and smiled at me.

"Hey Star. I made you pancakes." He sweetly said and I put my shoes on.

"Thanks Marco but I got to go back...home." I say with a bit of poison as I say the word home.

"Let me walk you there." My eyes widen at his gesture, seriously, why does he care so much about me?

"Seriously, thanks Marco." I get up and hug him. I could feel his arms wrap around me. I felt like I was protected in his arms.

"Yeah. Now, let's go." We pull away and walk down. We walk out the the door and slowly walk along the sidewalk. It was silent most of the way until our feet had finally reached Lilly's house. I walk up to the door with Marco right behind me. Before I walked in, Marco spoke, almost whispering.

"Star, if anything happens come to my house. Okay?" His eyes were looking deep into mine. I felt chills everywhere, he seriously cares about me.

"Yeah, okay. Thanks Marco," I turn away until I remembered "Wait!! You need your hoodie."

"Nah, keep it. It suits you." He smiles before walking off. Marco Diaz, you are full of surprises. Suddenly I heard the front door open from behind me. I jumped even though I knew that it was just Lilly. She grabbed my arm and pulled me in, harsh.

"What were you thinking? You don't even know him, he could've killed you!" Lilly yells at me not even a second after the door closed.

"I would rather get killed than see you everyday." It's sad that what I said is 100% true.

"Star, stop being so dramatic. Just tell me why...why didn't you call me and tell me where you were?" I nearly burst out laughing. She's so freaking fake, she doesn't even care about my safety.