I Love Her

Marco's P.O.V
Days are passing by slowly, the clock ticking minutes which feels like hours. It's silly that I'm depressed because no one hurt me but...I hurt someone. I feel so guilty for everything I said to Star. Chloe had tried to help me but nothings working. I don't eat, barely sleep, and I cry a lot.

Some days I look over at Star and see her glance at me. That one glance gives me guilt, seeing her eyes an almost dull look. I've caused her so much pain that not even Janna can fix her. We're both broken and need saving, I just wish that we were meant to save each other. Janna told me that she is doing the best she can at watching Star but...it's harder than it seems. I want to be the one who stands by her side forever, the one who tells her that everything is going to be okay even if it isn't, and the one who hugs her through the pain because I...love her but she will never love me back.

"Ow...stop, stop, stop. Please." My head snapped up at the sound of someone whimpering. Only now did I realize that the halls were empty and a thought dawned on me. No, no, no, no, no, please tell me Star's okay! My body started running down every hallway until I found the one where I saw a crowd of people. Oh god, what is going on?!

"Never had I ever thought that you would go this far. But I guess that's what freaks, like you, do for attention." My blood boiled at the sound of his voice, Tom Lucitor. I pushed passed the crowd and saw Tom holding Star's arm. There was blood trickling down Star's arm, I knew what had happened.

"Hey, why don't you back off Tom!" Everyone looked at me with shocked faces.

"Look who's boyfriend showed up!" He had a smirk plastered on his stupid face.

"You think that's an insult? That's like trying to insult you and Brittney dating." Now it was my turn to put on a smirk.

"At least my girlfriend isn't a freak that is a waste of space." Something snapped in me and I brought up a fist. A loud thud was heard as my fist connected to his face. He let go of Star's arm and stumbled back a bit. Before he could fire back, I jumped at him, making him fall to the ground. Punch after punch was thrown but then I stopped as I remembered Star was bleeding. She's more important than wasting my time on this piece of junk!

I got off of Tom to see that everyone had wide eyes and Star was sitting on the ground, crying. My feet scrambled over to her. She looked at me, put one hand on my chest, and pushed me back. I cautiously grabbed her hands and stared deep into her eyes.

"Star, please let me help you. I'm not leaving until I fix you up." She stayed quiet but slowly nodded.

"Okay." Her voice was quieter than a whisper. I turned her arms over to see thousands of cuts, nearly half of them had reopened. I quickly stood up, with her hand still holding mine, and walked to a different hallway. I pulled out my phone and called Chloe.

"Hey Marco...everything alright?" Her voice was concerned and I quickly answered.

"Very wrong. Call the office, now, and tell them that you need to take me and Star Butterfly somewhere. I dont where, just a place that's not here." My voice was frantic as I spoke.

"Okay, calling them right now." She said before hanging up. Thank God, I have an amazing sister.

"Who's Chloe?" Star looked at me. I felt like crying because her bright blue eyes were dull and red from crying.

"My sister, she came home from college for a couple days." I answered. Suddenly I hear the intercom and the principals voice.

"Will Marco Diaz and Star Butterfly please come to the office. Thank you." We both started walking towards the office. I was about to open the door when Star pulled back.

"You okay?" She nodded but her head hung low. I grabbed her chin so she would be looking right at me.

"Yeah just...the principal might see my arms and..." She looked away embarrassed.

"Oh right. Stay out here, I'll tell him you're in the bathroom or something." She smiled a bit and said thanks. I entered the office and saw Principal Kendrick sitting and writing something. I sat on the chair in front of the desk.

"Your sister Chloe is taking you and Star to the dentist, right?" I smiled before nodding.

"Yeah, Star is in the bathroom so when she's done we will leave." I said and hope that he falls for it.

"Okay, just wait outside my office until Chloe gets here." He says and I nod. I got up off the chair and go back out where Star is. It was silent until finally Chloe's blue car stopped in front of the school doors. Star wrapped her hand in mine, which was unexpected but I was totally fine with it. When we got in the car, Chloe's eyes widened and quickly drove away and to our house.

...

"Come with me upstairs, Star." Our hands we're still attached when we arrived at our house. She followed me up to the bathroom and sat on the toilet as I rummaged through cabinets. Once I got everything I needed to clean her cuts, I went to Star and slowly cleaned the blood from her cuts. She winced at every touch and by the time I was done, there were tears streaming down her face.

"I'm guessing Tom reopened them?" Star was hesitant to answer but did once she looked at me.

"Yeah, his grip was hard and I tried to pull away, not thinking." She said with one hand pressed to her head.

"I'm going to kill that b-" Star silenced me with her hand.

"It's okay, Marco. It was my fault that they reopened." I shook my head but stayed quiet because I didn't want to upset her. When I finished bandaging her, we went downstairs where Chloe was patiently waiting.

"Star right? Come here, I want to talk to you." Chloe Sat down on the couch and patted next to her. Star slowly walked over and sat next to her.

Star's P.O.V
"Wh-what do you want to talk about?" I ask sitting down. She looked at me with a smile and grabbed my hands.

"For whatever the reason is for you cutting yourself, don't do it. I know it's tempting and it seems to help the pain melt away but it's not the answer, Star. Trust me because when my mom died, I sunk into depression and almost cut myself but realized it would make everything worse. I see an amazing person in you, so please don't do this, okay?" Tears were running down both of me and Chloe's face.

"I promise, thanks for helping me." Her words really moved me. Cutting myself isn't the answer, no matter how much it seems it is the answer.

That day when I was walking to Jenna's house, many thoughts ran through my head. I need to stop cutting and stop being sad. I need to reach out to Janna better than I have been.