Adopted

Stars P.O.V
The next few days were different. Marco was avoiding me no matter how hard I tried to talk to him. He got up before me, walked to School alone, and even ignored me during classes. He didn't even partner up with me for the Science project. So guess who's working alone? Me, which is going to suck but I have to do it. Marco doesn't want to talk to me and I don't want to talk to him. I want to live somewhere else but everyone in this School hates me.

"Hey Star, how you doing?" My eyes widen. Someone's talking to me, but why?

"Oh, hey Janna. I'm doing good. How about you?" My head clicks as I see Janna, that's it!!

"It's a Monday so...horrible." Janna laughs and I actually smile.

"Janna, can I come to your house after School?" I ask, hoping she'll say yes.

"Of course. Why? Is there something wrong?" Her eyes perk up and show worry.

"Uh...no. I just need someone to talk to about something." I immediately ran away so she doesn't ask anything else.

The day went slow as always. Class, anxiety, crying, and boring all in one horrible Monday. Finally it was time to go home. My least favorite part of School is when I walk down the halls to leave. Everyone whispers and looks at me with disgust. Without Marco beside me, I'm weak. Like everyday, I ignore them as best as I can and walk out. Since I walk to Marco's house alone, I walked to Jannas alone. Once I got there, Janna was already sitting on the couch.

"Hey Janna." I slowly walked and sat next to her. She looked over at me then back at the T.V before turning it off. Her attention was fully on me now.

"So...what you need to talk about? I'm here for you, so say whatever you need." Janna was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

"I have a question. Can I live with you?" My voice was a little quiter than usual because I was scared of her reaction.

"Yeah, sure. Why don't you want to live with Marco anymore?" Janna cautiously asked.

"He believes that dumb video. You know, the one where I confessed that I was pretending to have anxiety for attention." I said confessed with air quotes.

"Marco believes that piece of crap?!" Janna stood up so I quickly grab her and pull her back onto the couch.

"Yeah, he does. I told him that I said it to get Tom away from me but he didn't believe me and now he's avoiding me." I ranted on and on.

"That's so stupid. I knew right away that you didn't actually mean it. You're not that kind of person, I know." She suddenly hugs me and I can't help but sob.

"I just thought that Marco was going to be my best friend forever. I hoped that God had finally found someone to hold me but I'm an idiot to believe that. You're the only person I have Janna. Please don't ever hate me!" Tears were running down my face like a waterfall.

"I-I won't Star, I promise. Can I ask you something?" Janna rubbed my back before pulling away from our hug.

"Sure, what is it?" I said between sobs. She grabbed my shoulder.

"Would you be okay if my parents adopted you?" My heart stops and my mind screams.

"That would be awesome but are you sure your parents will be okay with that?" My mind was still screaming.

"My mom won't mind at all." She didn't even mention her dad.

"And your dad?" I didn't want to seem nosy or mean but I was curious.

"He barely comes home so he doesn't get to decide." Janna says with a huge smile. We both hugged each other and smiled. I was being adopted!! The door suddenly opened to reveal Janna's mom, Juliet.

"I'm home! Oh...who is this?" Juliet pointed at me.

"Mom this is Star, Star this is my mom which you probably already know." Her mom smiled and we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Star." She sweetly smiles and I nod.

"So mom...I need to ask you something." Janna follows her mom into the kitchen as they keep talking. I could hear their whole conversation.

"Okay, ask away." Janna Sat down to look right at her mom.

"Star needs somewhere to live so could she live here?" I could tell Janna was a little nervous.

"You mean like...adoption?" I felt my heart drop knowing she was going to say no. I walked into the kitchen.

"It's okay if you say no, I understand." I hold in the tears that were about to fall.

"I wouldn't see why I would say no. I'll find a way to adopt you." Jannas mom said, shocking me.

"Really!?" Me and Janna shout at the same time. Her mom nods and we both jump up and start crying while hugging.

"Thanks mom, you're awesome!" Janna says.

"Yeah, thanks Mrs. Ordonia." I say still hugging Janna.

"Call me mom whenever you're comfortable with it." Jannas mom seriously is amazing. My step mom insisted that I call her mom the first day I started living with her but not Mrs. Ordonia.

The rest of the day I told Janna everything about my step mom, anxiety, and Marco. She listened carefully and brought some popcorn and movies after I had told her everything. It was about 11pm once we feel asleep. This has been the worst yet best day ever.