It Hurts Me When I Cant Help You

Marco's P.O.V
After the crappy day that Star had, I wanted to comfort her so I walked her to Jenna's house. As usual Janna was in detention. Our hands we're intertwined and I would steal glances of Star every once in a while. Nothing could ruin this moment and I don't want there to be. I still can't believe that Tom forces Star to kiss him just to spread fake rumors and ruin her day. Why are people so cruel and disgusting? The calm and peaceful silence was cut off by an all too familiar voice.

"Well, well, well, look who it is. the two freaks of Echo Creek." Tom's annoying face appeared in front of us, as well as Brittney.

"Seriously, leave us alone." I snapped at them. Tom did that stupid chuckle he does while shaking his head. It took every cell in me to not punch him.

"No way. You beat me up like crap today Marco, so now I'm going to hurt you." I roll my eyes and Tom grabs me and quickly pulls my arms behind me. His grip was tight so there was no chance I was escaping. Brittney walked up to Star and started pushing her until her back was pressed against a building. Brittney threw Star to the ground and kicked her side.

"Stop!" I seemed out and wiggled to get away from Tom but he was too strong. Brittney wasted no time in kicking and screaming mean things at Star. It was killing me to just watch her. I swear I am going to rip these two apart once I get Tom off of me. Rain started pouring down making it wet where Tom had his hands gripped onto my wrists. I still couldn't escape but soon I would.

Star was curled up on the grass, crying. I could tell she was having an anxiety attack. This made me more mad, my teeth clenched and hands in fists.

"I want everyone to know how much of a freak you are when you die." Suddenly my hands ripped out of Tom's. Before I could run to Star, Tom punches me on the mouth. I punched back but he dodged. We fought for a couple minutes. My shirt and jeans we're ripped and my knees we're bleeding some.

"Everyone stop!!" Janna, once again, saves the day. Janna walked up to where me and Tom were fighting. She ripped Tom off of me and pushed him back.

"You, go get Star, take her to your house and clean her up." I quickly stand up and run next to Star's side. She was crying hard and breathing fast. I felt her shaking body and wrap my hoodie around her. My heart was literally shattering at seeing Star this way. I walked pass Janna yelling at both Brittney and Tom.

Kicking my front door down, I run upstairs and into my bathroom. Star was still having anxiety. The only way to calm her down was to...kiss her. So that's exactly what I did. My warm lips pressed against her tear stained and shaking lips. I pulled back after a second but it didn't help much. Panic rose in me as I saw her still shaking and crying.

"I'm gonna have to take your shirt off to see the bruises on your side so don't freak out. I know you can hear me just please be alright." I bite my lip before slowly peeling off her shirt. My face blushed but I quickly focus on her side. It was badly bruised and bleeding some. How hard had she kicked Star?

"W-why are you c-crying?" My heart jumped a bit as I heard Star's a voice. Thank God she was finally getting better.

"I didn't realise I was crying but...it hurts me when I can't help you." I said and she smiled a bit.

"Promise me th-that you won't hurt them?" Star looked at me with pleading eyes.

"What? Star, they hurt you and Brittney made your side bleed! I can't ju-" I was cut off by Star.

"I don't want you to get expelled Marco! I need you at school more than anyone so please...don't do anything that will get you in trouble more than you are!" Star raised her voice a bit which was a bit scary so I just shut my mouth and nodded. The blood was cleaned up and bandages were stuck over those bloody spots.

"Star...I need to say something." I sigh, looking at her for assurance to speak.

"What is it?" She asked with a calm and almost tired face.

"Star...I-I love you. It may seem obvious because I kissed you but I wanted to tell you that I actually love you. People may say that you're a freak and stuff but I see an amazing and beautiful person and I love that. I understand if you don't feel the same way but I had to tell you that I am in love with you, Star Butterfly." My voice was cracking some, nervous that she would push me away but instead she smiled and laughed a bit.

"Marco, I seriously love you too!" She smiled widely as my head snapped up to look at her.

"Seriously?! I mean...awesome!" I didn't know what to say, I was too happy to say anything. She giggled at me and grabbed my hand. I feel like our thing is holding hands, heh. Star is an amazing and adorable person and In lucky to see her that way!!