School Dance Part 2

Star's P.O.V
Marco's voice was barely audible as the whole world around me seemed to dissapear. Each word Marco spoke I wanted to tell him I couldn't bear him but I couldn't talk either. I ended up falling to the floor, crying into my hands while trying to calm myself down. Marco put his hand on my shoulder and spoke something that I still couldn't hear. I was scared, trapped in a cell of nervousness. No one in that room likes me, they all will hate me and make fun of my dancing! Why can't I just walk in that room without caring what they think? Because I'm weak, that's why. I hate that I'm weak!

"Star what's wrong? What are you nervous about?" Finally his voice started to become audible. I barely lifted my head up to look at him.

"Th-they all hate me, Marco! Everyone in that room is going to look at me with disgust and hatred!" Marco took my head in his hands and wiped away the millions of tears on my face.

"Don't care what they say. I'm going to be right next to you the whole time. If anyone says or does anything, I will hurt them. So don't worry okay?" He looked deep into my eyes and smiled at me.

"You promise you'll be right next to me?" I wanted to slap myself because I sounded so weak and stupid.

"Definitely. I love you more than anything Star." We both smile and I nod while slowly standing up.

"I love you too Marco." We started walking in the direction of the dance and as soon as we walked in my nerves kicked in again. I felt Marco's hand sneak it's way into mine, instantly all nervousness slipped away. He knows exactly what I need and it makes me blush in embarrassment.

"How do you know exactly what I need?" Marco chuckled at the sudden question which made me smile. He stopped in front of a table with chairs. I sat down and looked at Marco, waiting for him to answer.

"I don't know, I guess I've been with you for a while now and I love you so much." I blush at his words and he just laughed. We sat at the table for a while, just looking at the people dancing crazily in the middle of the room. A couple of couples were kissing while others were awkwardly standing at the edge of the room. Here I am with Marco and I thought I was going to be at my home watching Netflix while eating ice cream. I guess life has other plans.

Suddenly the whole room turned from blue and purple lights to red and pink. The music went quiet and the sound of a microphone turning on was heard. The DJ persons voice boomed out stating that it was time for the slow dance. I immediately knew that there was no way I'm doing that, NO way! Marco had other plans as his hand stretched out to me as the music started playing.

"Star, would you love to dance with me?" I couldn't say no but I didn't want to say yes. Gosh darn it Marco, why did you ask me? He had a huge smile and was sweating a little bit.

"Uh, I don't know how to dance. I'll just embarrass myself." I laughed a bit hoping that he would understand and sit back down.

"That's okay because I don't know how to dance either. We'll embarrass ourselves together. Come on." God he was adorable. Not even knowing what I was doing, I grabbed his hand and stood up. My feet trembled as we walked to the dance area. Marco's face was bright red as he puts his right hand around my waist and his other hand was gripping mine. I put my arm on his shoulder, still not knowing what I was doing. He started moving but I didn't which caused us to stumble a bit. I laughed at how this was already going downhill. Another slow song started and we still were messing up.

"Just follow what I'm doing." I look down at Marco's feet and follow him. I smiled as I started getting it. Soon enough our faces were an inch apart and we were dancing like no one else was there. A smile was plastered on both of our faces with bright red blushing. The world seemed to dissapear but this was different than when I have anxiety, this dissapearing was amazing. It was just the two of us dancing without a care in the world. I guess Netflix and ice cream could wait for another time. When the song ended and we stopped dancing claps erupted from all around us. I realized that everyone was staring at us but they weren't glaring, they were looking at us like we were special! I smiled and looked at Marco who was smiling widely as well.

"Everyone is clapping! I don't think anyone's ever clapped for me since my mom, Moon." I giggle at my own words and hug Marco tightly. I felt his hand rub my back. The people stopped clapping but some walked up to us and told us we were amazing.

The rest of the night we danced away. We didn't even care about the people around us. I've never felt so happy in my life and it's all because of Marco Diaz. How could I of gotten so lucky with him?

Juliet had tackled me in a hug and threw a bunch of questions at me once I stepped inside the house. She asked me about how it went, was Marco a good dancer, was everyone jealous of my dancing skills, and tons more questions. I answered as best as I could because I was still a blushing mess of how great Marco was at dancing.

I went upstairs and looked at myself in the mirror one more time before taking the dress off. It was painful to take my hair down but I successfully did it after about 30 minutes. I put comfy clothes on and flopped onto my bed and felt like the life was drained out of me. My phone was buzzing but I was too tired to pick it up and look at it. I fell asleep seconds after getting under my bed covers and closing my eyes, the feeling of being so happy never fading.