chapter sixteen

being home felt so good. i missed my bed, and my phone. 

i decided to take a shower since i hadn't had one for a about a week and a half now because of being in the hospital. my mother carefully wrapped my cast in a trash bag. i grabbed my speaker and turned it on and played 22 by Taylor Swift. 

i was planning on shaving my legs but with the cast and gashes, i figured i better wait. the water was steamy hot and caused my face to sweat a bit, which was weird because who sweats in the shower. hah.

 it was a little after noon and my stomach was growling. i offered to buy lunch with my work savings but my mother insisted she buy. ed came with and we headed to buffalo wild wings. probably my favorite place to eat. 

we ordered our food and made small talk. ed kept looking over at me and i couldn't help but smile. my hair was still wet and was leaving wet spots all down my light pink shirt. 

after we ate, my mother decided it was a good idea to go look around a bunch of stores and buy whatever. i think we went to a total of 6 different stores and our trunk and back seat were almost full. she bought things she didn't need but that's just how my mother is; she's got too much money to keep so she spends it on whatever she wants. 

we got home around 530 and my mother began to cook supper. ed and i sat in the living room on our phones, with the news channel on the tv so it wouldn't sound so quiet. i propped my leg up on a pillow on the coffee table while ed got up for a minute. he came back with a bag that had no writing on it whatsoever. he plopped down next to me and handed me the bag.

"is this for me?" i asked, blushing. 

"sure is." he smiled, as i opened the bag. 

i pulled out a necklace, earrings, and a beautiful satin, light pink, mermaid style dress. 

"ed!!!" i screeched. my mother came bursting in with a smile on her face. 

"did you know about this??" i asked her. 

"i sure did. hell, i was the one who picked all three out today, ya silly." she chuckled and went back into the kitchen. 

"thank you ed but you didn't have too. where am i going to wear this?"  i put the dress back into the bag. 

"on our date tomorrow night. i'm taking you somewhere special." he moved his eyebrows up and down. i laughed and he leaned in to kiss me. we lay on the couch, hand in hand, trying to find something to watch. we finally settled on friends until my mother called us out for dinner. 

another short filler because i'm almost out of time. short schedule today!! anyways, enjoy! xoxo.