prologue

johnny POV ;

She's gone. Long gone. I should've been there the nights she needed me. I knew how she felt, I would've been at least one of the reasons why she's gone. We've been friends going back when I was 5 years old. Now I'm 16 today, we've been friends for 11 years. There was probably many things that went wrong knowing that she was a sensitive person. There were at times where she was too sensitive that she and Maddie needed to talk or even worse, her mom. Today will be the first day of school after her death.

fast forward >>

I don't feel ready to go anywhere. All I want to do is stay in my room and never leave. I miss her like a lot, we were more than 'just friends' . We were best friends. All the times she would be sad, she would go to me, not Lauren. Lauren was always busy doing other stuff, she was like the teacher's pet, she would always get honor roll. Since she was always too busy studying, Kenzie would go to me. Sometimes I would even feel overprotective when she would hang out with other guys, maybe I was even at least 1% jealous. It's impossible not to have at least a little feelings for her. Since my used-to-be friends are complete jerks, they're probably gonna make fun of me. Like say "has a crush on a dead girl" or "mr. blushy" . Yes, I do blush. Sometimes Lauren would tease me and call me "pink cheeks", she's the only one who knows about me liking her. Now I have to move on, which I've always been trying to do but can never do.

Now I have to walk through these death causing doors, and begin my torture.

★彡 author's note
Hey my peeps, this is the prologue of "reasons" ! I sure hope you will like it. I wasn't even expecting to get 10 votes cause I actually have never gotten more than 10 votes in one chapter. I was just getting excited so I just did the prologue even though I only had 3 votes. Vote if you want the next chapter! ⭐️💓

Follow if you're excited for this book ✔️

" if you're not smiling, you're doing it wrong."
-Alex W.