chapter 02 • mark thomas

pic of Mark above ^^
I am sorry if this seems like a ripoff of 13 Reasons Why, but I tell you, I hope I can change your mind on that.

johnny POV:

This is the very tape. The first one that will make my heart break. People overuse that word, they don't know the actual definition or meaning to "heartbreak". There's a destination to go to for every tape or every letter or diary entry, but this one doesn't.

Let the listening begin.

"Hello everyone, Kenz here. I will be telling you the reasons why I am gone today, The reasons behind my depression."

I took a big sigh, I knew I was going to get into this, no turning back.

"This is the first reason, caused by the one and only, Mark Thomas."

I knew it, the jerk would always be first in a story. What could he have done? They probably went on a date or something, with him ending up like a complete - I don't want to say.

My only question about this is why didn't she tell me?

I was well-trusted, probably even as trusted as Maddie.

"It all began when we had greeted eachother, laid eyes on eachother. We both had that urge to- be together."

This was probably torture to me at the time.

"It was a day after school, Brandon was inviting people from our class to a party. Mark asked if we could come together, the dumb me replied with a yes. Which is a complete regret now."

I was right. He was even a jerk to her.

"We attended the party, and this is all how it went down."

What happened
mackenzie POV:

Mark is looking at me right now, and I have this urge that I want to look at him.

I winked, giving my signature smile.

I could hear him chuckle, he wasn't that far from me. He couldn't pay attention to what his 'gang' was saying cause he was looking at me.

"Markus!" Hayden snapped

"Sorry, what?" he asked cluelessly

"Are you staring at Ziegler? What's her name again? Maddie? Meg? I mean- Kenzie. Yup Kenzie." said Hayden

I can't believe he forgot me, he can't simply forget what happened between him, Annie and I. I can kind of understand, afterall, he is a jerk.

"No, I wasn't!" Mark said strangely

"SOMEONE HAS A CRUSH ON ZIEGLER! MARK AND KENZIE SITTING ON A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" screamed Hayden

I heard what Hayden said, I walked towards them and gave a chuckle.

"We don't have a crush on eachother Hayden," I said

"Really now," he said sarcastically

He and Mark walked away, then Mark looked back and winked at me.