chapter 07 • parents

pic of Melissa above ^^ (sorry, I can't find a pic for their dad)

johnny POV:

As I'm driving, I realize there's traffic.

When there's traffic around here, it can get pretty bad. It could last for hours and hours, and when I say hours, it's really really long hours.

As the green light shows, the cars move. Until when my car gets to the front, the light turns orange.

I can feel the rage through my mind, but yet I can control it. It's like a curse, it happens all the time to me. When Darian drives, she always makes it before the light turns red. Lauren is still learning, after all, she's only turning 14 November.

The light turns green again, and I step on the pedal to go. I turn right, seeing the hospital sign 'Marshall Town's Medical Hospital'.

Lauren, I'm coming for you.

fast forward >>

I go to the welcoming counter.

"Hey, may I know where Lauren Orlando's room is?" I ask

"First of all sir, who are you? We need to know who you are so we can check if you have access to her room." the lady says

"Johnny Orlando, Lauren's brother." I say

"I'm sorry but you have no access to this room. All the information I can tell you is that she's in Level 7." she says

"Are you sure? She's my sister, I should be allowed to have access to her room!" I say, a bit strict.

"I am very much sorry sir, but you really have no access at all to this room." she says

"Fine. One day this hospital should be sued!" I say, kinda pissed off.

I walk to the elevator, and press the button '7'.

The elevator soon opens on Level 3, until I see a familiar face.

"Melissa?" I ask

"Johnny? Oh, hi sweetheart." she says

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"Your mom told me what happened to Lauren, so I'm visiting her." she says

"Oh," I say

"Is there something wrong?" I ask

"Nope," I say

"Well this is my stop. See you soon, Johnny." she says

As she walks to Lauren's room, I secretly sneak up.

I crouch down a little, but still enough for me to see the window.

Lauren is just lying there, wires attached to her arms, a blood bag, a heart monitor, and she's wearing one of those hospital dresses.

What if the monitor detects a flatline? I won't be able to handle it, my life is already sad enough.

I see Melissa standing by the foot of the bed, Darian sitting close to Lauren, and my mom who's probably crying in the bathroom.