22

Just as dawn broke through the void of darkness, Pepper woke up. She found herself naked, along with Daryl’s naked body, pressed up against him. She suddenly was flooded with memories of that night. Everything was perfect, except she couldn’t get one thing off of her mind; his back.

She didn’t want to risk making him mad, especially since she had no idea how he’d be acting when he woke up. As she stared into his chest she didn’t even realize Daryl had woken up.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. She was completely surprised. “Nothing” she said smiling as she kissed his cheek. “Did you sleep?” he asked in a truly interested tone. “Yes Daryl, I just woke up” she said, still smiling.

He lightly stroked her hair for a few seconds then stopped. “I’m sorry if I got a little rough” he said. He didn’t get just a little rough, he was very rough. She could feel how sore her thighs and hips were, she was even scared to look at the places on her arms where he had held down. But she didn’t regret it.

“I liked it” she said seriously. He gave her a faint smile. “We’d better get dressed” he said sitting up.

She sat up and looked at him then looked at all of their clothes on the floor. “If you don’t hurry someone might catch you” he laughed. She rolled her eyes and slowly got off of the bed, baring her naked body to the air. She tried to cover herself. “Don’t look” she said with a red face. “I think we’re way past that” he said in his infamous joking tone.

She quickly picked up her bra and underwear and threw them on. When she turned to him she could she a bulge under the blanket. “See something you like?” she joked and pulled her jeans on. All he did was grunt in response, making her laugh even more.

When she was fully clothed, she gathered his clothes off of the floor and sat next to him on the bed. When he reached for his boxers she moved. “You want these?” she said in a teasing tone. “Yeah” he blankly said. “I kinda like them off” she said running her finger up and down the bulge under the blanket. “You’re such a slut” he said, tensing under her touch.

“You got to see me, let me see you” she said into his ear, still stroking him. He sighed. “How about a messy little BJ tonight and I’ll let you see it?” he joked once again. She slightly laughed, and actually thought about what he had said. “Are you serious?” she intently asked. “No! well…. You know, if you want to…” he said. She laughed and playfully hit his shoulder “I’m kidding… but if you play your cards right I might.”

She got up and started walking. “Where are you going?” he asked, sitting completely up. “I’m going back to my cell so nobody sees” she said, standing in the doorway. “Oh” he said, almost sadly, as she walked out of his cell.

He felt horrible. He let his emotions take over once again. He didn’t regret having sex with Pepper, but he was very upset about it, considering it would only complicate things even more. He even thought of her as a trained puppy, taught to give affection only when people weren’t around. It killed him to think that he was doing this to her. He suddenly wanted her near him. He wanted her near him every minute of every day. He wanted to tell her everything… but he didn’t want to get her hopes up. All she did was confuse him, he loved her until he hated her.