The Call

Zane's POV
I ran up stairs after they carried her up there. "Zane, I think it's best that you leave." I didn't say anything but stood quiet facing down. I let my hair cover my right eye and felt a tear fall on my cheek. "Zane." He held onto my shoulders. When he said my name, I got a phone call. "You should get that." He pat my shoulder and walked away. I reached in my pocket and saw who was calling me. Aph? I picked up but still stood quiet. "Zane?" She was crying and I still didn't say anything. "Zane, is she okay?" I stood quiet for a moment and then whispered. "I don't know." "Zane. I am so sorry that this happened to you. But right now, I need you here right now." I stood quiet. Doesn't she have Aaron? Is she really gonna try to be selfish and take me away from Kawaii~Chan? "Aaron. He might not make it." What? "So I was hoping that maybe she was okay." "How many times did you get bit?" "Huh?" "How many times did you get bit?" "I only got bit once." "She got bit 8 times Aphmau." I heard her gasp for her life. "He wanted to make sure she was left in pain Aphmau. What ever happened to him, he deserved it." "Zane. Aaron got shot." OmiIrene. "Good." I hung up and I know I shouldn't have said that. But at that moment my mouth wasn't listening to my heart.

"Zane." I looked up and saw Aarons dad. "Go check on my son. Please." I looked at him and nodded. I need to see him before he dies. He gave me a smile and I walked away from him. I need to make sure he sees how much he hurt her. He needs to know if she dies, my whole life is over. I went to my house and got on my motorcycle. The wind that comes from the motorcycle ride just makes me feel like the rest of the world is just blowing away from me and I'm finally alone. When I finally got to the hospital, I saw Katelyn standing there and when I parked she ran to me. "How's Kawaii~Chan?" "Which room is he in?" "Zane, answer my question." "No. You answer mine." She was taken back from the lack of control from the situation. Guess she's not used to losing control. I put down my helmet and ran into the hospital. "Aaron Lycan." "Room 406." I ran to the elevator and saw her pacing back and forth in the hallway. "Zane?" I ignored her and saw him awake on the bed, so I stormed in. "Do you know how much pain she's in? The pain you caused her." "Zane, please." "No Aaron. You're a monster. She can die because you bit her 8 times Aaron!" I froze for moment when I finally realized that he was tied to the bed and had a muzzle on. "Wat, why are you tied up?" "Someone found out that I'm an Ultima. So the police came and tied me up. I'm surprised that you even made it up here." "I went up the elevator." "Where's the security?" "I'm-I'm not sure."

I slowly walked up to the chair that was next to the bed. "Where did you get shot?" Why am I so calm now? Didn't I come to him to yell at him? "In my stomach." "And your alive?" He laughed but was in so much pain when he laughed. "Zane?" I looked at the door and saw Aph. "How is she?" "Yeah, how is Nana?" Aphmau and I stared at her and he chuckled. "Nana is her real name. She told me this when I told her I was an Ultima." Then my phone rang. "It's your dad." I picked up and heard him. "Zane." "Yes, Mr. Lycan?" The world stopped. "Zane? Is she okay?" I walked to the window and hung up the phone. "Zane, what's up with Nana?" I grab my sweater and walked out the room all the way out the hospital. I need to see her. "I think you should come as fast as possible." I need to make sure she knows. "She doesn't have much time." That I love her.