1

Michael POV

I walk into school with my headphones on, bobbing my head to the music. As I approach my locker, I see Jeremy through the crowd of students. He catches my eyes and waves. I wave back. He makes his way over while I start putting the books I don't need into my locker.

"Michael! It seems like I haven't seen you in years!"

"Yeah!", I chuckle. "Do you wanna come over after school? We really haven't hung out recently."

Jeremy takes out his phone and pulls something up. "Yeah! Christine has a family dinner tonight so we can't really hang out, on the bright side, that frees up some time for us!"

"You seem happy. What's up?"

"This past month with Christine has been the best month of my life, I've never been happier. She's the sweetest person ever."

I let out a forced chuckle. "Do you want a ride after school?"

"Sure." He grows confused. "Ha-" Before he could finish his sentence, Christine came up behind him, stood on her toes, and wrapped her arms over his shoulders and around his neck from behind. His eyes instantly light up.

"Hey Jere, can you walk me to pre-calc?", she says with a sweet tone.

"Uh, Micha I hope you don't mind-" I can tell he's feeling guilty.

"Go ahead. I'll catch you at lunch?"

"Do you want to sit with Christine and her friends?"

"Sure! I'll catch you later dude."

"See ya."

And with that, Jeremy was gone. I finish dealing with my books and walk to class.

*_*

When lunch rolls around I walk into the cafeteria and look for Jeremy. An arm pokes out above the heads of other students and waves around. Luckily, that arm is connected to Jeremy. I rush over to the table he's sitting at. He's hanging with the people he only started talking to during the SQUIP (squip? Whatever, capitalization doesn't exist in thoughts.) incident. I sit in the empty seat between Jeremy and Jenna. I listen in on their conversation while nibbling on an apple.

"...nd then she was like 'I swear I didn't!' but I could tell she was lying so I said 'Swear on your life'. She didn't say anything after that. So yeah, Kate is totally cheating on her boyfriend.", Jenna says. No one seems to have noticed me, I can live with that.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Christine whisper something in Jeremy's ear before getting up and dragging him out of the cafeteria. I look up from my tray to see everyone's eyes on me.

"Who said you could sit here?", Jake asks with a cold stare.

"Um, Jeremy invited me?" I see Jake's eyes soften.

"Oh, you're Michael then? Antisocial headphones kid?"

"Yeah."

I grows silent.

"So, Michael," Chloe starts, "what kind of stuff are you into?"

"Mostly video games, my music, sometimes I go to the mall but I only go into stores like game stop and FYE, sometimes clothing stores if I need new clothes."

"Oh, so you and Jeremy are into the same stuff. I guess that makes sense, you guys were best friends."

Were? We still are!

Just as I was about to say something, Jeremy and Christine sit back down. "Sorry! I had to get something from my trunk and I don't feel safe out there alone.", Christine says.

"I see you guys started talking to Michael while I was gone. What do you think of him? He's great right."

"Yeah he's awesome.", Rich says, which doesn't go over well with his lisp. Everyone else comes up with similar statements. I give a small smile in appreciation.

The bell rings and everyone's off to class. The rest of the day I'm thinking about Jeremy. God I'm so gay.

After class I pack everything I need and rush to Jeremy's locker, just in time to see Christine give him a nice, long kiss on the lips. She pulls away and leaves. I smile and walk up to Jeremy. "Ready to go?"

His face is still flushed and he has a big, goofy grin on his face.

"Yeah, let's go."