15

4 Hours Later

We steadily approach Chloe's house. I take a glance at Jeremy only to see him staring out the window biting his lip and bouncing his leg.

"What's wrong? These are your friends Jeremy, I should be the nervous one. What's on your mind?"

"Christine's gonna be in there. She looked uncomfortable when Jake brought up the weed and even more uncomfortable when you agreed. If I do it I'll be breaking my promise to her."

"You already broke it Heere," I mumble so he can't hear. "You don't have to do it you know. It's just an option."

"Okay?" He says with uncertainty.

I turn off the car while Jeremy gets out. I follow shortly after, weed in hand, well, pocket.

We walk in, shoulder to shoulder, and instantly Rich runs up to us.

"Dude! Thanks for coming! It started to get awkward." He leans in to whisper. "Jenna's an emotional drunk."

I chuckle and respond with, "Yeah, I can tell." The faint sound of sniffles caught my attention the second I walked in.

Just then, Chloe joins us. "Jeremy! Michael! Glad you could come. Come on, let's get you guys some drinks," she greets before grabbing our hands and dragging us towards a cabinet in the back corner of her living room.

"Take your pick. My parents are in this break from alcohol, so they won't notice. Something about liver spots."

We nod and dig through the cabinet. Liquor, liquor, wine? No. Whiskey? Screw it. There's nothing good in here. Unless...

"Chloe! Can we make shots?" I call while crouched down beside the cabinet.

"Jake, make us shots," Chloe calls from the couch. The sound of Jakes sigh can be heard from across the room. Jeremy and I snicker to ourselves quietly. Jake walks over, pushes us away from the cabinet and takes multiple bottles out of the cabinet. He walks to the counter and digs around. After a few minutes, we have a long line of shots.

"Who can drink the most shots? Competition time!" Rich screams.

"Gather around!" Chloe screams from her stool next to the counter. Everyone stands in front of the counter and we get ten shots each.

"3, 2, 1, go!" Rich shouts before starting to take shots. Everyone drops somewhere down the line, unable to take any more. Jenna and Chloe drop at 4, Brooke and Jeremy at 6, Rich and I at 8, and Jake drops at 9.

"The shot master retains his crown!" Jake proclaims. "Kiss the feet of your king!" We all begin to bow jokingly. 

Later that night we begin to play truth or dare while passing a joint around the circle.

"Michael, truth or dare?" Brooke asks louder than usual.

"Truth."

Various shouts of 'pussy' and 'coward' sound out around the circle. "It's not my fault I don't trust you people with my actions."

"Have you ever wanted to fuck someone in this room?"

"Oh yeah, definitely," I say nonchalantly.

"Who?" Jenna asks.

"Too late. That wasn't involved in the question. Jake, truth or dare?"

We continue like this for a while. Eventually, everyone passes out on each other. Jeremy and Christine are snuggled up together which sends a pang to my heart, Jenna, Chloe, and Brooke are tangled together with drool trailing down their faces, and Rich and Jake are just barely awake against each other. I curl up and hum, lulling myself into a peaceful sleep.