21

"Watch me crowd surf!" Emmy shouts before jumping off the table and into her father's arms. Uncle Tom proceeds to fly her around the kitchen and put her down in front of the oven.

The kitchen has a warm feel to it. Maybe that's on account of the fact I spent most of my life here when I wasn't at school or stuck with my parents. Maybe it's on account of the colors. The tiles are whitewash and arranged in a grid-like pattern. The walls are a light orange, attributing to the warmth the room gives off. There's a picture on the wall that says "A meal without wine is breakfast." I chuckle at the memory of making my aunt explain what it meant. Yes, my family does love their wine. The table is off to the side, near the entrance of the kitchen. The walls are traced by cabinets over counters, the sink, the oven, and the fridge in that order. There's a small door in the corner that leads to a pantry. Ah yes, the pantry. Basically my second home.

The others got home about half an hour after I showed up. I missed these guys so much.

"Sarah you can't eat that!" Aunt Peg shouted at the seven year old. She grabs the peanut butter cups out of Sarah's hands. "You're allergic remember?"

"Then why do we have them?"

"Your brother threw them in the cart and by the time I noticed we were already home."

A voice comes from the vent in the ceiling, "And I don't regret it!" Yeah, James has a direct vent going from the kitchen and up to his room, giving the eleven year old optimal eavesdropping abilities.

"Kiss my a-" Aunt Peg shoves a peanut butter cup into Ally's mouth before the fourteen year old can finish.

I silently chuckle from my chair at the kitchen table. We all just finished eating dinner.

"Aunt Peg, I have to go, I have school Monday and I still didn't do any of my homework," I cut in before an argument breaks out.

"We'll see you soon right?" Ally asks.

"I'll try my best. See you later James!" I shout.

"Yeah, you too!" said eleven year old shouts back.

"Sarah, be good and don't eat the peanuts."

"I won't Mickey!"

"Michael."

"Mike!"

"Good enough. Emmy!"

"Mickey Mouse!"

"Goodbye my precious angel," I bow to her. She bows back while giggling.

I walk over to baby Jill. She sees me and instantly holds her teddy bear closer protectively.

"I'm not gonna take your bear," I kneel in front of her. "I'm going now okay?"

"Bye bye," she waves shyly.

"Bye bye my princess," I get up and bow. Jill giggles. She attempts a curtsy before giving up and bowing. I chuckle before walking to bid farewell to my aunt and uncle.

Our farewells are quick but heartfelt. I promise to visit more often. After a few more words, I leave. Back onto the bus I go.

This should be fun.