10

Jeremy's POV

I wrap my arm tightly around Michael's shoulders, both to comfort him and to get him closer to me. He looks up to me and smiles, his cheeks tinted pink. I love it when he's happy. I get all bubbly inside.

"You should get some sleep. You've had a rough day," I say, threading my fingers through his hair. It's grown longer. He needs a trim. I know how much he hates it when it's too long.

He nods so I get off the bed. He snuggles himself into the blankets and buries his head into the pillows.

Seeing no reason to stay in here and not being tired myself, I walk into my kitchen. Shit. Dad's here. He's going to question this. Wait. Michael practically lives here already. This should be fine. I dig through my fridge looking for something to eat. Pepperoni. Bingo. I take the bag out and, with a mouth full of pepperoni, see my dad glaring at me. "What?" I say, the sound muffled from the pepperoni.

"How long is Michael staying here this time. Three months like last time? Maybe two weeks like the time before."

Dad's in a bad mood. Noted. "Michael's just lonely without his parents there. He'll leave when he's feeling a bit more safe." It's not a complete lie. The first part was, but the second part wasn't.

Dad sighs. "Just try to warn me next time. Is he asleep?"

"He was getting in bed when I left."

"Make sure you feed him. He looks thinner than before." Wow. I didn't notice that. Am I a bad friend for not realizing?

"I'll take care of that in the morning. I'm going to bed no-"

"Where's he sleeping?"

"In the bed? Why?"

"Where are you sleeping?"

"The floor."

"The air mattress is in the closet. Good night son."

I put the pepperoni back in the fridge then blow up the mattress before struggling to get it through the door to my room. Once I finally get it in, I put a spare pillow and blanket on it. It's not the prettiest but it'll work. I lie down and instantly fall asleep.

Two Hours Later

Screaming. That's all I hear causing me to jolt awake. I instinctively turn to Michael, seeing him sitting upright and breathing heavily.

"Micha?" I croak.

"J-J-Jere?" He sounds broken. He's a glass and he just fell off the tallest shelf. He's not just broken. He's shattered. He was broken and glued together only to be shattered again. I stand up and crawl into the bed with him.

"Can I touch you?" He hesitates before nodding. I wrap my arms around him and start mumbling to him. "You can let it out. No one can hurt you here. You'll be okay. I'll protect you with my life. You mean more to me than anyone else. I won't let anything happen to you."

"Th-th-they-they came b-back," he chokes out. "He t-took the b-b-bat a-and-," is all he can get out before breaking down into tears.

"Shhh, they're not here now. They can't get to you."

"I-it hurts."

"What does?"

"Everything."

"You can get through this. You've made it this far, now's not the time to turn back. You're not done your quest."

He's calmed down a bit. "Can you look at me Michael?" He look up. I take his head and press a gentle kiss to his forehead. I can't see his face because of the darkness but I can just sense the blush on his face. He buries his face into my neck. I lean back slowly so we can be laying down. His sobs are further apart now. Soon enough, his breathing evens out and he's asleep cuddled up to me. I fall asleep with a small smile that night.

In The Morning

Michael's POV

I wake up with a large mass of warmth next to me. That large mass just happens to be Jeremy. Well, it wouldn't be the first time we shared a bed. Ah yes, just the night before we were cuddling up to each other too. Let's hope today goes a bit better than yesterday.

Jeremy squirms under me and pulls me closer. Content. That's the only word I can use to describe how I feel at the moment. I snuggle even closer to Jeremy and try to go back to sleep. I fail miserably. Instead, my thoughts keep me awake. I give up and decide to get something to eat. I groan at the pain all over my body. It's going to be a day. Still, I shall persevere.

The second I walk into the kitchen, a tired groan comes from Jeremy's room. He comes out yawning. Oh my god. His bedhead is adorable.

"Michael? Why'd you leave?"

"I got hungry," I mumble. My face is so sore.

"Come back to bed. You're warm," he whines. God he's delirious.

"Yeah but waffles are warmer."

"We don't have waffle mix."

"What about bacon?" Shit, he's Jewish. Too late to go back now.

"Nope."

"God Jeremy, does your dad ever buy food?"

He groans and walks over to me. He grabs my arm and drags me back to his room. Looks like it's a sleep-all-day kind of day. Didn't we just have one of those? Whatever. It's still Jeremy time.

A/N

Point out typos please! Thanks for reading and all the votes and comments. Also sorry for the wait. Sorry if these a/ns lack enthusiasm. After writing I'm too lazy to actually try to do anything else. Alright peace.