22

"Michael!" Jeremy shouts before he jumps on me as I walk through the door. I stifle a laugh. "I was so worried. Why would you do this to me? You left without saying anything as to where you were going and you were so vague on the phone. I was about to drive up to Camden to get you," he rambles.

"God you sound like a worried mother." I give a gentle push away. "It's not like I was gonna do anything. I just wanted to pay a visit to people that are very important to me."

"Don't leave again. Please."

"I won't. I promise."

"You remember the Christine thing right?"

My heart drops. I forgot. Two weeks. That's it. Just two more weeks.

One Week Later

The week was average. We went to school, hung out, I got my heart broken like fifty times, same old stuff really.

Jeremy's getting ready for the dinner. He's wearing a simple black suit. "Do I look alright?" he asks.

"Of course you do. Not great, but not bad," I smirk.

"Shut up," he chuckles. "Just one more week okay? I noticed it was hurting you. I don't want you to be hurt anymore."

"I can handle it Jeremy. I don't need you babying me. I have to pick up some stuff at my house anyway. Now's a great time to."

Jeremy's phone buzzes so he takes it out of his pocket to check it. "Christine's out front. I'll see you when I get home?"

"Okay. I'll see you then."

Twenty Minutes Later

I throw on a jacket that's a bit heavier than my hoodie and begin to walk to my house. I'm about halfway there when the thought strikes me. When does Jeremy want me to leave?

I obviously can't stay forever. When does he want me gone? Sometime soon right? I mean, my parents are gone now. I'm safe. I have nothing to worry about. Do I?

I begin to kick a small rock down the sidewalk. What's it like to be a rock? Why did this cross my mind? Am I high and I just forgot? What the hell?

In the midst of my confusion my phone begins to ring. I answer without looking at the caller ID. Wow. I should get into the habit of doing that.

Rich is on the other line. "Hey man!"

"Hey Rich. How's it hanging?"

"Pretty good! Can I come over your place so we can talk about the science project and shit?"

"Sure! How long will it be until you get th-here?"

"About five minutes. It's fine with your folks right?"

"Uh, of course! Yeah they're totally cool with it. Actually they're not home now so we can work on it wherever." I look up only to see the house coming into view. A short sigh of relief escapes my lips when I see the lights aren't on.

"Cool. I'll see you then. Peace out!" He hangs up instantly. I run into the house and do a quick look around. Just as I thought, they're not here.

I sit on the couch and wait for Rich. Why did he decide to come over so late? He's Rich, that's why.

A/N

You thought you were getting a chapter that isn't a filler? HELL NO! Sorry that was rude. But seriously, if you consider this a filler, just know I couldn't think of anything to continue the story in this chapter with that I could casually slide in. I hope this is decent? The story will be continued next chapter. Alright peace.