29

We've been in here for an hour. We've been sitting here, making jokes and watching our ice cream melt for an hour.

"You fucking 9 inch dildo," Michael mutters under his breath in retaliation to a playful insult I sent his way.

"I'm the 9 inch dildo? At least I'm longer than you'll ever be."

"The size was referring to your height Dumbo," he chuckles. "In Rich's words, you're a 'tall-ass'."

"I'm not even that tall!" I shout, earning some glares from the other people in the small parlor. "I'm just lanky," I mumble so I'm not heard by anyone else to avoid more glares.

"Wait a second," Michael pulls out his phone. He types something before looking up with a smug grin. "Lanky: ungracefully thin and tall. I rest my case."

I cross my arms and let out a huff. "Whatever."

Michael suddenly leans in close to my face. "Hey guess what."

"W-what?" My face grows hot. He kisses my cheek and pulls away.

"You had ice cream on your face, love. Mmm vanilla."

"O-oh," somehow my face heats up even more, apparently much to Michael's delight because he bursts out laughing.

"You look like a strawberry!"

"Shut up!" We got more glares.

Needless to say, we eventually got kicked out. Thanks random suburban soccer mom with her twins.

Michael is currently doubled over from laughing. "I can't believe it was because of you complaining about being lanky instead of the dildo thing!"

"That's stupid! I was the one being yelled at instead of you!"

"How is saying 'If you keep disturbing our customers I'm going to have to ask you to leave.' yelling?"

"He was looking directly at me!"

"You're so stupid!"

"Whatever. Let's just go to the park instead, they have food trucks that sell ice cream," I stomp in front of Michael on the way to the park.

30 Minutes Later

"Hey Jeremy have you ever seen an angry unicorn?" Michael says while looking at his second ice cream cone like it's the most interesting thing in the world.

"Michael, I swear if you do it I will break up with you," I say while side glancing him.

"Whaaaaaaat, pfffft, like I would ever," Michael trails off before slapping the cone into my forehead and running through the park like his life depends on it, which it does.

"MICHAEL I'LL GET YOU BACK!" God he's lucky I love him and have everything set up already. If I could get my money back I would.

"TRY YOU MAY BUT YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!"

I end up having to help his ass down from a tree five minutes later.

"You're lucky I love you or you'd be dead right now," I wipe some ice cream off my forehead with a napkin.

"Thanks for that babe."

"Oh, I, uh, I have something prepared for you to see. Come on," I grab his hand and start leading him through the park and into an open field with a picnic blanket laid out in the middle.

"What's this?"

"Just keep walking," I pull him toward the blanket for him to see the basket and little guitar. "Sit down," I push him down by his shoulders before grabbing the guitar.

"What's going on?" Michael asks with a smile on his face.

"I-I've been working on this for a few weeks so it probably won't be that good since I had limited time but I tried my best with what I had."

"Whatever it is I'm sure it's great because you made it."

I try to ignore the blush creeping onto my face as I start to strum, missing a few chords at first but eventually getting used to it. I start to sing, softly at first out of awkwardness and embarrassment but slowly growing louder.

"I will hold you close.
When you're in the dark,
And all alone,
I will hold you close.

You might push away.
I might, over stay.
Still,
I will hold you close.

We might work out,
Or maybe not, but,
I will keep you close.

No matter what they say,
We will stay the same.
Well,
I will hold you close.

We'll be cool someday.
Our problems will go away.
I hope we'll stay the same.
I hope you, stay.

I will hold you close.
When you're in the dark,
And all alone,
I will hold you close.

I will hold you close."

By the end I'm out of breath and the tips of my fingers are sore. I look up to see Michael with tears in his eyes and the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. "Th-that was great, Jere!"

"Wait, really?" He nods. "Y-you're not just saying that right?"

"Would I be crying if didn't mean it Jere? You're so stupid sometimes," he laughs.

I put the guitar I rented down onto the grass and grab Michael in my arms. He hugs back almost instantly.

"You're the best boyf I ever could've asked for Jere," Michael mutters into my shoulder.

I chuckle before saying, "Do you wanna head back home?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice."

A/N

God, that song was sappy. Who knew I, THE KING OF NO EMOTION, could be sappy? Anyway, please don't hate on the song, I wrote it in literally fifteen minutes, maybe less, and I put little to no effort in it.

ALSO, I have a new Tree Bros book up. The prologue is out and I'll post the first chapter later today if you're interested in it. There's a trigger warning in the description so please read the warning before you read the book in case there's any topics that might not end up being too good for you.

Alright that's enough of my ramblings, peace out!