breaking; lillis

Listen to the music above while reading. I listened to it on repeat while writing this and it makes it so much much better, lol.

"You're not even yourself anymore! I mean, c'mon, Sophia!"

"I'm fine, y/n! Just stop worrying about me."

"Are you going insane or something?! Part of being in a relationship is worrying about each other!"

"Just leave me alone." She muttered, her voice cracking.

"You don't get it do you?! I'm trying to look out for you!" You exclaimed, an exasperated sigh working its way past your lips. "I d-don't know what's been going on with you lately, but it's just- it's scaring me. I don't like seeing you this way..." You continued, your voice barely above a whisper.

She looked up at you through tear-stained eyes and for a moment, you could see how much she was breaking.

"Please... just come here." You spoke up, choking back a sob.

You watched as she slowly stopped playing with her fingers and stood from the kitchen chair, stepping towards you. You wrapped your arms around her tightly and pulled her close. "I love you, Soph. I need you in my life, ok? It hurts me when you're distant." You murmured, breathing in her scent.

You slowly sunk to the ground, still holding onto her. Your arms loosened and you gently cupped her face with both hands, forcing her to look at you. You brought your trembling hands underneath her eyes and used your thumbs to gently swipe away the tears. She met your gaze and you looked at her through sorrowful eyes, a weak smile tugging at the corner of your lips. "I don't care what you're going through, Sophia, I'm always gonna be here for you." You reassured, pressing your lips to her forehead, lingering slightly, before pulling her back into a hug.

So, there you were. Sitting on the kitchen floor at one a.m, holding onto the love of your life like she'd disappear if you let her go.

Little did you know,

she would disappear anyways.

CRAP... I was trying to make a happy ending because you guys wanted happier stuff. I'm really bad at this, aren't I? Ah, frick.